Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

I love you's

Today was the day. The day that would set me free from my father's grasps. The day that would be one of the best days of my life.

"Emma," Emily said holding my hand. I nodded. "Emily, I'm so happy." I said.

We were sitting behind our mom, who was now standing up. Zacky was sitting to my left. He was more than happy to be here.

"In case of Emily and Emma Edwards, we award the children to Ms. Tiffany Goodwin," the judge said.

I felt myself swell up with happiness.

"Oh my god, Emily!" I yelled.

I hugged her tightly.

"I'm so happy," she whispered into my ear. "I know," I said.

I could feel them, the tears that were threatening to come out. I was finally able to live with my mom again.

That's when it hit me.

Where the hell were we going to live? Mom still had that home in Texas, in Dallas.

"Emily," I whispered. "What's wrong?" She asked.

I could feel Zacky rubbing my shoulder.

"Where are we going to live?" I asked. Her face fell. She didn't think about it either.

"I don't know," she whispered.

We both looked over to our mother, who was heading our way. She had a smile on her lips. We smiled weakly at her.

"What's wrong, girls?" She asked. "Where are we going to live?" Emily asked. "Dallas, fo course." My mom said.

"Dallas?!" We heard the guys yell.

All of them showed up, for moral support.

"You've gotta be shitting me," Brian said. "I'm afraid so," my mom said. "Wait, you never brought this up before," I said.

"I assumed you guys already knew. Besides, you two were having so much fun with your new friends, I couldn't bring it up." My mom said.

My mom was hugging Emily. Zacky was already holding me.

She was right. I did remember that she lived in Dallas, but I forgot all about it, when she showed up.

I looked up into Zacky's eyes. I didn't want to leave him, but I wanted to stay with my mom more than anything in the world.

"Let's go get your stuff packed," my mom said.

Emily and I nodded. She took us to our father's house, for the last time. We packed our stuff in a hurry.

I was outside, getting a breath of fresh air.

Zacky was sitting down near my legs. I actually never really notice it, but he and the guys smoke a lot. I was too stuck in my thoughts right now to care, though.

What would I ever do without the guys?

They were pretty much my whole life right now.

"Emma, I don't want you to leave," Zacky said.

Those were his first words since, "I need a smoke."

I smile down at him, and then I sat down next to him. "I don't want to leave you," I said snuggling into his neck.

"Emma, promise you'll love me forever." Zacky said blowing out some smoke.

I held my breath in. No, not because of the smoke, but because of the promise. I've never actually told Zacky in so many words that I loved him.

Did I love him? Yes! He had to be the very best man in the world, especially for me.

I raised my head, to look him in the eyes.

"Zacky, I promise to love you until the day I die." I said.

He looked at me with such happy eyes and a wide smile.

"Don't ever leave me," he said flicking the cigarette out of his hands.

He hugged me tightly.

"Don't leave me," he repeated.

I didn't say anything, I couldn't. I didn't want to lie to Zacky. As much as I didn't want to leave Zacky, I had to. I just had to.

Zacky let go of me. His eyes were now sad. He noticed that I didn't say anyhing about not leaving him.

"I love you, Emma Elaine Edwards." He said. He was smiling weakily at me.

"Don't call me by my full name again." I said pouting. "I still love you," he said kissing my shoulder.

"I love you too, Zachary James Baker," I said with a huge smile on my ace. I kissed his cheek.

I snuggled up to his neck again, before he could say anything more. I didn't want anyone or anything to ruin this moment.