Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Peanut butter cookies

I woke up in Zacky's bed again. I couldn't believe what we did for a whole day. A whole day in the bed, never leaving it.

Zacky was happily sleeping near me. He had his arms close to his chest, and I could see half of his naked body.

I smiled down at him. I absolutely loved this man with every fiber of my being.

I got up from the bed, grabbing my clothes as I walked around the room. How my bra ended up on the ceiling fan, I didn't know.

Zacky was a very... playful guy in the bed.

I smiled to myself. I was no longer a virgin, and I lost it to the man that I loved. No doubt my mom would be mad, but what did she expect leaving two teenagers alone?

I blamed it on the hormones and Zacky. Well, mostly his eyes and body.

I walked downstairs to see Zacky's dad.

His mom and dad rather liked me, and they could've care less than I was here.

"Hello, Mr. Baker." I said smiling. "Hello, dear." He said sipping his coffee. I sat down at the kitchen table, not knowing what to do.

"Honey, I hope you two used protection." Mr. Baker said.

My cheeks flushed.

I wasn't exactly sure how to respond. Zacky's dad heard us? Were we that loud?

"I'm just kidding," he said. I sighed.

Thank God!

"I know Zacky, he used protecion." He said smiling.

My heart stopped.

So he did hear us after all.

"Don't worry, Zacky's always careful." He said walking out of the room.

Always careful? Meaning that I wasn't the first girl that Zacky brought around here?

I felt myself shake. So I was actually just like another girl? No, Zacky loved me. I was different. Wasn't I?

I had to be. He told me that he loved me. I loved him.

This all meant so much for me, that I knew it meant the same for him. The only thing that bothered me now, was that he wasn't a virgin, before me.

So I didn't get the chance to take his virginity.

I mean, he had every right to not be a virgin, but it still hurt me. He was my first, so why wasn't I his?

He was a very attractive man, and I was a very plain girl.

I shrugged my shoulders. I had no right in being jealous. Zacky had a sex life, before I came into the picture, so what?

I got a glass of milk and some peanut butter cookies, my favorite.

I walked back upstairs, to Zacky's room. He was still sleeping, so I decided to sit at his desk. I sat there, eating, drinking, and watching Zacky sleep soundly.

Why was I so jealous?

I never met any of the girls he slept with, and they obviously weren't around anymore. I was still around, and Zacky and I were in love. I was special to him.

I finished the milk, but I still had a cookie left.

I stared down at it, not knowing what to do with it.

Should I just finish it or should I go put it back with the others? It'd be a waste, since I loved this kind so much. I turned the cookie around, staring at it.

It smelt of peanut butter, and it was absolutely delicious. It was home-made, and I could taste the real peanut butter inside every bite.

I felt someone kiss my forehead. I jumped a little. I looked up to see a smiling Zacky.

"Ooh, cookies." Zacky said taking the cookie from my hand.

He took a bite out of the cookie, and I glared at him.

"That was mine," I whined.

He offered me the bitten cookes, but I just shook my head. His face was confused.

"Emma, is there something wrong?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"Please don't lie to me," he said. "I'm not, Zacky." I said kissing his cheek. I wanted to look happy in front of Zacky, even if I wasn't.

"It's not about the cookie," he said more to himself than me.

I smiled at him.

He was trying so hard to figure out why I was upset. If I didn't matter to him, he wouldn't care this much. I grabbed his face.

"God, I love you." I said smiling weakily.

"Well, that's nice, but what about me?" Zacky asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"I love you, Zachary." I said. "Don't call me that," he pouted. "I love you, Zacky." I said.

He had a smile on his face.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked.

I shook my head. I wasn't.

"I'm more mad at myself," I said.

The answer was for myself as well. I wasn't mad at Zacky. He was living his life, before I even came into the picture.

"Why?" He asked taking another bite from the cookie. I could see the bits of crumbs on his face. He was so adorable.

"Me and my stupid jealousy," I answered. "Jealous? Who were you jealous about?" He asked.

I shook my head. He didn't need to know.

"Don't worry about it. I can get through this. It's not your fault, it's mine." I said playing with his hair. "Please tell me," he begged.

His eyes were so mesmorizing.

"Of all the other girls," I answered.

Darn those eyes. They made me do things I didn't want to do.

"What girls?" He asked. He looked so cute, when he got confused.

"I talked to your dad this morning," I said. "Oh, God." Zacky mumbled.

I nodded.

"I don't even talk to any of those girls anymore," he said grabbing my hand. The cookie was long gone.

"I know, that's why I'm so stupid." I said smiling. "You're not stupid." He said kissing my hand.

I shook my head.

"Zacky, I'm jealous of women I don't even know." I said sighing. "It doesn't mean you're stupid. I'd be jealous of any guy if you slept with them." He said.

"I was a virgin yesterday," I reminded him. "That's what makes it worse. I get jealous just watching you talk to other guys," he said sighing.

"Even the guys?"

He nodded.

"Especially Brian," he said. "Why Brian?" "You guys have a relationship that I could never have with you," he said softly.

"I sure hope not!" I said laughing.

Zacky didn't laugh along with me. He just stared at me sadly.

"Zacky, if we had the relationship that I have with Brian, I'd feel like I was kissing my brother! You have no idea how hard it was for me to kiss Brian," I said.

"Really?"

"Really," I said kissing his cheek. "So I kiss better than Brian.

I laughed.

"Of course, you do." I said smiring. "Good, I don't like being second best," Zacky said. I smiled at him.

Why was he even with me?