Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Poor Clem

I laughed as Jimmy ran away from Clem. Apparently, after they had did their "business" with one another, he didn't say he loved her.

God, this guy just knew how to push all her buttons. I counted, wondering how long it would be before they were making out on Johnny's couch.

Zacky and everyone else had left me to watch these two, to make sure nothing too bad had happened to their drummer.

It seems like my job wasn't even needed. They had just started to make out yet again. It took them twenty-three seconds.

God, this couple certainly did need help.

I slowly walked back into Zacky's room.

What was I going to do after we move? I couldn't possibly even think about living without the guys, without Zacky.

The guys and even their new girlfriends had made my life so much easier.

"You can't hide these feelings," someone said.

I looked up to see Clem.

I sighed.

"What feelings?"

"The frightened ones," she said. She walked over to me.

"I'm not scared," I said. I didn't even convince myself with that sentence.

She just merely stared at me.

"Eventually, time will pass by, and you will have to leave." She said.

I nodded slowly.

"I can understand how Zacky feels. I don't like the fact that Jimmy is eventually going to leave me." Clem said.

I raised my eyebrow. What the hell was she talking about?

"Jimmy's so funny and so very hot, but I'm always afraid a better girl will come by. Jimmy's only human and only a man. They never really think, before they do something entirely stupid." She said.

I stared at her.

What was she saying?

"Clem, Jimmy loves you." I said.

I wanted to encourage her. They definitely looked like the perfect couple, despite his usual bruises by her.

"No, he doesn't." She said.

I shook my head.

"He wouldn't be with you if he didn't love you," I said smiling.

She shook her head.

"You're so wrong," she said with a sad smile.

"Well, you and Jimmy never really have any bad fights," I said, hoping to encourage her. "That's only because our relationship isn't worth fighting," she whispered.

"What do you mean? You guys have been going out for months, even before I met any of you two," I said standing up.

She shook her head again.

"Like you and Brian, Jimmy and I once made a bet." She said.

I stared at her. Tears were forming in her eyes.

"I always liked Jimmy, even before he knew my name," she said.

I sat back down near her.

"I was always admiring him from afar. One day, I finally plucked enough courage to ask him if he wanted to go out on a date," she said.

She sucked in enough breath to carry on.

"He rejected me. He didn't even pause. He just said, "No." There was nothing in his voice or mind that paused. I was just a reject," she said. "But you two are going out now," I said smiling.

"Now," she said. I stared at her in confusion.

"I decided if I couldn't be with him, being close to him was enough. So I started hanging out with Johnny first, and soon enough, I was talking to Jimmy." She said chuckling.

I smiled at her. She had tears in her eyes, yet she was laughing.

"I ended up betting him something." She said looking up.

"It was a stupid attempt to have him, even if it was only for a while." She sighed. "What did you do?"

"I bet him that he couldn't go out with a girl he didn't want to for six months," she said sighing. "So he just asked you," I asked.

She nodded.

"I was the very first girl he thought of," she said quietly.

"I'm sure he fell in love with you by now. You're the best girl for him," I said.

She shook her head.

"Jimmy wasn't looking at a girl in the park yesterday. He brought up the bet, saying he was so very close to winning," she said.

My eyes nearly popped out.

"I was shocked. I thought we were doing good together, but it seems he still had the bet clear in his head." She said.

"Clem," I whispered.

She shook her head.

"Don't feel sorry for me. This was bound to happen. It was, after all, a stupid attempt to have his love," she said. "I promise I won't."

"And lastly, don't be a wimp. Tell Zacky good-bye, and go live with your mom, wherever she lives. She obviously still wants you. Don't make this any harder than it needs to be," Clem said.

I nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't really like this chapter, but it needed to be done.