Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Conflict and resolution

It was another new day, and I woke up next to Zacky. I was still thinking about what to do.

I loved Zacky. He was the love of my life, and he loved me. I loved my mom, and she loved me. What was I going to do? I didn't want to leave either of them behind.

I got out of the bed, to stretch.

Zacky was just about the greatest person I had ever met. He protected me ever since we first met, when he saved me from Josh.

Zacky just made me feel so wanted, so loved. He could sing me to sleep, whenever I couldn't fall asleep. I could snuggle against him anytime I wanted to, and he wouldn't mind.

Zacky just loved me.

My mom; she was my rock. I could come crying to her, whenever I was sad. She was the best friend I never had, when I lived with her. She would listen to all my problems without being too judgemental.

And there was Emily, my twin sister. She was always somewhat close to me, and now we were closer than ever. Sure, she wasn't as close to me as Brian, but he was the closest friend I've ever had.

Emily was special to me, as any twin would be. We couldn't really finish one another's sentences, but sometimes we managed to say the same thing at the same time.

I didn't want to leave, but I sure did want to stay. I felt like I was being torn apart.

"Why can't I just decide?" I asked myself. "On what?" Zacky asked.

I stammered.

What was I going to say to him? Should I tell him what I was really thinking? Would he want to hear it? Would I even be able to get it all out.

"Where we should go today," I said smiling.

Zacky shrugged.

"I was thinking about the beach. Even though it's winter, it's still nice enough for a swim," I said happily. "Sure, the beach is great." Zacky said yawning.

He really wasn't a morning person at all. He got up from the bed.

"Although we could always stay in bed," he purred in my ear.

I giggled.

His whisper sent shivers down my spine, causing me to laugh.

"I don't think so," I said getting away from him.

I looked up at him, and I was surprised. He looked a little hurt, but mostly he looked angry.

"Zacky?" I asked slowly.

I wasn't sure why he looked so angry.

"Why don't we have sex anymore?" He asked. "What?" I was surprised that he would even bring that up.

We had sex before.

"We've only had sex once," he said. "Zacky, we have better things to do than have sex all day." I said. "We don't need to do it all day, but I don't see why we don't do it at all." Zacky said.

His temper was definitely present, but I could tell he was holding it back.

"Zacky, it's not like I don't want to do it." I said. "It sure as hell seems like it. Did you even like it the first time? Is that why you don't want to do it again?"

"I enjoyed it a lot the first time. I just think we should do something a lot more memorable than having sex. I'm sorry, Zacky." I said.

This was getting me just a little irritated.

"Don't say you're sorry. There's nothing to be sorry about. You just don't want to have sex with me," Zacky said. "Zacky, that's not it at all. I just think sex isn't needed everyday or even every week." I said.

He shook his head.

"Emma, don't lie. I'm gonna go take my shower." Zacky said.

I rolled my eyes.

Way to be a drama queen, Zacky. I walked out of the room, and I called Johnny's place.

"Hello?" I heard a grumbled voice answer.

"Johnny?" I asked, hoping it wasn't his dad.

"Mhmm," he muttered. "Well, Zacky and I are going to the beach today, so do you and Emily wanna go?" I asked.

"Sure, we'll be there around one," Johnny said.

I think I woke him up because his voice sounded dry and rough.

"Okay!" I said happily. "Now let me go back to sleep," Johnny said hanging up.

I walked back into Zacky's room. I sat down on his bed. I couldn't believe we just got into a fight over sex.

I realized that maybe I should've been more lenient on his side, but did men really need that much sex? I mean, no one actually needed it that much, right?

My answer was soon answered, as I could hear some moans and groan coming from Zacky's bathroom. I guess I really made him that desperate.

A smirk formed on my lips.

I guess I really should make it up to him. He wasn't really wrong. I guess men were a lot different from women.

I didn't need sex that much, but apparently he did.

I opened the bathroom door.

The bathroom was a little foggy from Zacky's hot water. The clear shower curtain gave me a clear view of Zacky, but the thin fog managed to hide bits and pieces of his body.

Zacky was as far away from the water as possible, leaning against the shower wall. He was breathing heavily, and his eyes were shut tightly.

I could his panting, even though I was on the other side of the room.

Zacky didn't even notice that I opened, closed, and locked the bathroom door.

I was steadily walking in his direction, taking off bits of my clothing on the way. Zacky completely stopped what he was doing for a moment.

"Emma," he groaned.

It certainly did make me very happy, knowing that even when he was angry at me, I was all he was thinking about. Zacky finally straightened his posture, and he paused, when he saw me.

"Emma?" He asked.

He sounded so surprised. It was really quite adorable.

"Yes, Zacky?" I asked slyly.

"What are you doing here?" He asked. "Oh, nothing. I just came in here looking for the hottest guy in the world, but it seems like I'm not wanted." I said turning around.

"Wait."

A smile was now on my lips.

"Stay," he said.

I turned back around, looking at Zacky.

"I'm sorry, Zacky." I said. "I told you not to say that to me a long time ago. Now get in here," Zacky said playfully.

I happily went into the shower with him.

God, I loved him.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be honest, I'm not really comfortable writing scenes like this... Mostly because I have no idea if they're any good. So comment me to tell me if you liked it? Even a little?