Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

The beach

Zacky and I finally got out of the shower.

Who knew two hours could go by so quickly?

I shrugged. I was now staring at two different outfits. Should I wear the black t-shirt and shorts or the bikini?

I liked wearing the first outfit because I was sure I wouldn't attract too much attention to myself. The second outfit, well let's just say I wasn't completely used to wearing almost nothing in front of people.

"Wear the shorts," Zacky said. "Why?" I asked. "I don't want any guys except me looking at you, especially when you're wet." Zacky said planting a kiss on my cheek.

I felt a blush creep on my cheeks, where he just kissed me.

"So you just don't want to get angry at random guys staring at me?"

"Well, yeah pretty much." Zacky said smiling. "Okay, but in return, you can't take off your shirt." I said.

Zacky had a shocked look on his face.

"I don't want other girls looking at your body. It's mine," I whispered. "What? Would you actually get angry at them?" He teased.

I nodded.

"You're mine," I said. "Happily yours," Zacky said kissing my forehead.

"Go call the guys, tell them to go to the beach." "Okay," Zacky said, walking away.

We finally got to the beach, and word must've got around because there was a shit load of people there.

I couldn't spot anyone I knew. I kept on searching for someone, while walking hand in hand with Zacky.

When I finally did spot someone, I wasn't happy at all. I stopped dead in my tracks.

Jimmy was making out with some girl that was obviously not Clem. She was a lot taller than Clem, and Clem didn't have blonde hair.

"What's wrong?" Zacky asked me. "Who's Jimmy with?" I asked pointing in Jimmy's direction.

"Aah, that's Sarah." Zacky said nodding. "Why is he with her? Where's Clem?" I asked disgusted.

"No reason, I guess. Jimmy broke up with Clem yesterday at my house." Zacky said shrugging.

"So none of this bothers you, then?" I asked.

Okay, I admit it, I was getting a little pissed off.

"No, it's their own business. You should've get involved, they'll deal with it on their own." Zacky said. "But it's my business too! Clem's my friend," I said glaring at Zacky.

"I know she's your friend. Hell, she's my friend too, but we shouldn't butt in." Zacky said. "I think we should. You saw how perfect Clem and Jimmy were together," I said

"Perfect? No, Jimmy and her were going out over a bet. Everyone knew that," Zacky said. I glared at him hard.

"I can't believe you," I said walking away from him.

Was it me or did we manage to get into another fight again? I didn't want us to be fighting again. I hated it. I loved him, but he made me so angry at the moment.

I just wanted him to agree with me. I was being a spoiled brat, and I didn't care.

I quickly found Johnny and Emily near the water. I honestly didn't want to bother the two, they deserved lots of alone time together.

I felt someone tap my should.

"Hi, Matt." I said smiling. "Hey, there. So where's Zacky?" Matt asked smiling.

"I don't know. We got in a fight, when we got here." I mumbled. "Oh, well I hope you guys can patch things up." Matt said scratching his head.

I knew this conversation was going to get awkward, so I told Matt to go hang out with his girlfriend.

In fact, everyone seemed to have their significant other except me. I didn't feel like I should bother any of them, so I just sat down near the water.

The waves were barely avoiding me, and I was thinking about going for a swim.

I nodded as I finally made up my mind. I just walked into the water slowly, trying to get used to it's temperature.

I sighed as I finally got used to it. I jumped all the way in, enjoying the water. I couldn't swim, but I could float on my back, which still wasn't much.

I got up from my laying position to see something I never wanted to see. Zacky was talking to some girls I've never met before. They were obviously flirting, and the girls were brushing up against Zacky's arms.

I felt a wave of jealousy hit me.

Why was he talking to them? Why were they even touching him? He was mine and mine alone.

Okay, now why was he taking off his shirt? I thought I was perfectly clear on not taking his shirt off.

I glared in Zacky's direction. I wish I could've played his game, but unfortunately, I wasn't as good-looking as Zacky was.

I saw Zacky and one of the girls start to swim together. I wanted to go up to her, and punch her right in her ugly face.

She wasn't ugly actually, but it's just that I didn't want her anywhere near Zacky.

I did what I thought I could do that was close to what Zacky did. I could take off this shirt and shorts.

I decided to wear the bikini underneath all of my clothes, and now I was happy that I did.

I got back to the sandy beach, and I took off the top first. The black and pink bikini was still there, and I slipped off my shorts.

I looked over to Zacky's direction. He wasn't even looking my way. He was too busy talking to that other girl, to notice what I just did. It pretty much ruined the whole fun of the plan.

I slowly walked back into the water, completely defeated.

I slowly got into the water that was up to my breasts, where I just laid down on my back.

God, I was horribly at making Zacky or anyone pay attention to me.

I felt water splash onto my face. It disturbed my sense of balance, and I ended up all in the water. I got up, and there was a guy standing there.

He was staring at me and me alone.

"Hi?" I asked not knowing what to do. "Hi," he said.

He was a fairly attractive guy, but he was no where near Zacky's beauty.

"So what's your name?" I asked sweetly. "Eddie, you?" he asked with a smile.

"Emma," I said happily.

I guess I could at least get one guy.

"So what are you doing all alone, Emma? There's a great beach party going on over there," Eddie said pointing over to the sand.

I shrugged.

"I don't know, just wanted to get away from it all." I said. "I know what you mean." He said.

Okay, this so wasn't awkward. Note the sarcasm.

"So what school do you go to?" I asked. "Hunting Beach High," he said.

I smiled.

"Me too!" I said happily. "How come I've never seen you then?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "I don't know. I mostly hang out with the same people over and over." I said.

"Oh see, I like to float around. You know, hang out with different people everyday." He said. "That's good. You meet new people everday then," I said.

He nodded.

"There's only one group that I always avoid. They always tend to be a bit mean to new people," he said.

"Let me take a guess, Matt Sander's group?" I asked.

He nodded.

"How'd you know?" "They're my group," I said. "That explains it," he said smiling. "Let's swim," I said happily.

He nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh, Zacky's got some competition.