Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Mommies always know best

Eddie and I have been swimming for a while now. He's a pretty good guy, and we were having lots of fun together.

"So what is it?" He asked laughing. "I don't know. I've never thought about it." I said smiling happily.

He sure did make me forget about Zacky and that other girl.

"C'mon, every girl has one," he said. "I don't know. Maybe a Forget-Me-Not," I said.

"Wow, I expected your favorite flower to be something more like roses," he said quietly. "I like to be different," I said.

"I've noticed. Most girls that are seventeen know how to swim," he said laughing.

"Hey, you threw me into the deep!" I yelled laughing. "I thought you could swim. Most people know how to swim," he said laughing.

I shrugged.

"I never got around to learn," I said. "Here, let's try it now." He said.

I shook my head.

"No, no, nooo." I said. "Why not?"

"I'm scared," I said softly.

He laughed, and I felt really ashamed.

"You're so cute," he said.

I felt myself blush, but it wasn't the same as the blushes Zacky gave me.

Eddie grabbed me by the waist.

"Let's begin, shall we?" He said smiling wide.

I nodded.

After a while, I finally got used to it. I could swim barely, but I couldn't swim for a very long time.

Thank God Eddie was a life guard. No wonder he was able to help me, the hopless idiot, learn how to swim.

"See, even you can swim now." Eddie said laughing. "Thanks, make me feel better inside." I muttered.

"Emma," he said softly. "Huh?"

"Let's go out on a date," he said.

I stopped breathing.

"What?" I asked.

"A date. Possibly on Friday." He said. "Eddie, I honestly don't know if I should," I said.

"Why not? We get along just perfectly." He said. "No, you're a really great guy, but I'm really unsure of another situation with a different guy." I said.

"Boyfriend?" He asked.

I thought about it. Zacky never really asked me to be his girlfriend, and we've never called each other boyfriend or girlfriend.

We slept together twice, but we weren't really official or anything. At least that's what I thought.

"Actually, I don't know what anyone would call us." I said. "Well, that does sound like a situation you'd get yourself stuck in," he said laughing.

"Hey, you've only known me for a couple of minutes!" I yelled laughing. "Emma, we've been out here swimming for three hours at least." He said.

My eyes nearly popped out. I looked over to where Zacky was, but he wasn't there anymore.

"Wow," I said slowly. "Yeah, time sure did pass by quickly." He said. I nodded. "We could always just go out but as friends. Nothing serious," Eddie said.

I couldn't just say no to him, but what about Zacky? Sure, he did talk to that girl, and he did take off his shirt...

But I was talking to a guy right now, and I took off my shirt and shorts. We both did the exact same thing, the only difference was that Zacky was no longer doing it.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Okay, Friday at twelve. Meet me at the mall near Macy's entrance." I finally said. A smile was planted on Eddie's face.

I sighed.

I couldn't believe that I just did that. I pretty much betrayed Zacky, and I could feel the guilt already building up in my stomach.

"Good, now let's go back to the party." Eddie said smiling.

I nodded.

We got back to land finally, and Eddie handed me a towel. We were about to go to the bonfire, when I was stopped by some friends.

"Emma, how are you doing?" Matt asked me. "Good, Matt." I said smiling. "So who's your friend?" Brian asked. "This is Eddie," I said.

"Hey, guys." Eddie said smiling.

The guys didn't return the smile.

"Emma, why are you with this guy?" Brian asked.

Matt just glared at Eddie.

I wasn't liking this one bit.

"I'm with him right now because he was teaching me to swim. We were just hanging out in the water," I said shrugging.

I didn't see the big deal, but I knew why the guys were mad. They didn't want their best friend to be hurt, especiall by a girl like me. A girl, who was leaving in two days.

"Well, I want him to get lost," Matt grumbled.

Eddie looked at me helplessly, not knowing what to do.

"I'll see you later, Eddie." I said.

He nodded.

"See you on Friday," he said walking away.

"So you're going on a date with him?" Matt yelled.

I shook in fear.

"It's not a date, we're just hanging out." I said. "So other people are coming?" Brian asked.

"Well, no. We never asked anyone else," I said. "We're going," Matt said angrily. "Okay," I said shrugging.

I walked passed both of the guys, going to the bonfire. I was cold and wet, and I did not like it one bit.

As soon as I got to the fire, I wished I hadn't. Zacky and the girl were cuddling near the fire. I sighed as I walked back to the water.

Seeing him with that girl made me want to tear my own insides out. I hated it, and I just wanted to hurt anybody or anything.

I didn't make it all the way back to the water. I saw someone with a cell phone, and I asked if I could use it. I called my rock.

"Mommy?"

"Emma? What are you up to?" My mom's voice said. "Momma, I'm at the beach. Can you pick me up?" I asked.

"Okay, but where are the guys?" She asked. "They're here. I just don't want to ruin their fun," I said.

"Oh, I'll be there in a couple of minutes," she said hanging up.

"Thanks," I said to the guy, who let me use his phone. "No problem," he said walking away.

I sat down on the sand, not caring that my ass was wet or that sand was going to be stuck on it.

I felt someone tap me.

"What the hell are you doing?"

It was Emily.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "I understand why you were with that one guy, but the thing that I don't know is why aren't you with Zacky." Emily said.

"He's seems pretty content with his whore," I muttered.

Emily sighed.

"I know it seems that way, but I saw how he was looking at you with that other guy," Emily said. "Did he look happy?" I asked.

"No, he looked so angry, like he just wanted to punch the crap out of that guy." Emily said laughing.

I held in my laughter.

I could just see Zacky's face torn with anger and jealous. I didn't like that at all.

"So why aren't you getting your man back?" She asked. "He's happy with that other girl!" I said louder.

"No, he isn't." She said. "I'm not going over there. It kills me to see him with another girl," I said.

"But doesn't it hurt more, when you think about it?" She asked.

It did. Whenever I thought of the two together, I imagined many worse things.

"We're only here for two more days. Make sure you leave on the right foot with Zacky," Emily said walking away.

I almost wanted to stop her, but I didn't. She was right, and I'm a stubborn girl. I could still see Zacky and the girl cuddling, if I strained my eyes enough.

I stood up. I'm gonna do it. I'll slap the bitch, and everything will be fine with Zacky and me.

I shook my head.

Things don't work so easily, do they? I heard a honk, and sure enough it was my mom. I ran over to her car, and I got in.

"Hey," she said.

I smiled at her.

"Hey, Mom." I said.

Her face fell.

"What happened?" She asked. "Nothing," I said. "Don't lie. I can tell something bad happened," she said.

"It was Zacky," I muttered. "Oh, God. I was hoping that I wasn't right about that boy," she whispered. "No, it was my fault." I said quickly.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"Just take me to your hotel room," I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the girls are leaving in two days, and Emma's too scared to even confront Zacky... Not a good thing.