Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Meeting Synyster Gates

I woke up to another horrible morning. The sun wasn't in my eyes; that was the only difference.

I dressed myself in a long sleeve white shirt and some jeans. I applied eyeliner, and I put my usually Chucks on.

I ran downstairs and out the door. My black jacket clung to my body. Another cold day, another painful day.

I arrived at school pretty early as usual.

I sat down in my usual spot, a bench in the front of the school. I turned my CD player on, and I just spaced out.

As soon as I was comfortable, I felt someone poke my shoulder. I took my headphones off, and I turned around to see one of the guys that 'saved' me yesterday.

I felt myself shake in horror.

He was someone of strength, power, and confidence. He was someone that I didn't want to speak with. He was someone I never wanted to associate with.

"Why'd you run yesterday?" He asked me sitting beside me.

I slid farther away from him.

"You know what you are," I said glaring at him. "What?" He asked me.

"You know," I whispered. "Do you think I'm emo?" He asked glaring.

I shook my head.

Emo? That word was being used a lot lately, wasn't it?

No, but he was a man of power. He scared me more than the jocks did.

"Then what am I?" He asked.

His glare died down, and it scared me. Why? I don't know. Maybe because he had a quick temper.

"You're you," I whispered. I was hoping that was the right answer.

"So why'd you run?" He asked again.

I shook my head. I just wanted him to leave me alone, but I wasn't a strong enough person to just say it to him.

"Answer me," he said grabbing my wrist.

I winced in pain. He shot me a glare.

"Do you cut yourself?!" He said angrily. "No, of course not." I said glaring at him.

Just like that, I was angry. He was already judging me, but I guess I judged him just as quickly.

I jerked my hand out of his grip. I stood up, and I started to ran away from him. Where I was running didn't matter. I just wanted to get away from that scary man.

I continued running, but then I felt someone twirl me around. Sure enough, there was that scary man.

I, obviously, did something wrong in his eyes. He was glaring at me.

"I'll ask you one more time: Do you cut yourself?" He asked angrily.

I could tell he was holding back a lot of words, and I most certainly didn't want them to come out.

"You want the truth?" I asked softly.

He just nodded his head.

"Then no, I don't cut myself." I said.

He just sighed and shook his head.

"I gave you one last chance," he said. "I'm telling the truth," I said.

He grabbed my wrist, and I winced in pain. He grabbed my jacked sleeve, and he thrusted it up. He did the same to my long sleeve shirt sleeve.

"No," I whimpered.

I saw him freeze. He was staring at all my bruises, the new and the old ones. He could see the new ones that I just received yesterday.

He slowly touched one, applying a little pressure.

"Don't," I whimpered. "Who did this to you," he asked me.

I just shook my head. I wanted him to leave me alone, forget about everything he just saw. I wanted to be alone.

"Please don't," I said looking into his eyes.

He had the most wonderful eyes I've ever seen. They had every single beautiful color in them: blue, green, brown, and grey. They were all mixed together in those beautiful eyes of his.

"Please tell me who did it to you," he said.

My eyes never left his.

"No," I whispered.

I jerked my wrist out of his hand again, and I ran again. I felt like a coward, but it was necessary to get away from him.

I ran all the way to my first period class. I didn't go in until the bell rang, though. I sat in my usual spot in the back of the classroom.

Mr. Romero just ignored my existence as did my other teachers did the first day of school. I watched as more and more people walked into the classroom.

I felt my heart drop as I saw him walk through the door.

It was the same boy who found out about my bruises. What was his name?

I saw him and Mr. Romero start a conversation. I hoped he wasn't talking about me. I felt relieved as I saw them both laugh.

"Mr. Romero, you're a horrible teacher!" I heard the boy yell. "Zacky, you know me too well." Mr. Romero said chuckling.

Zacky, so that was his name. I guess it was quite appropriate for his appearance.

"A little too well," Zacky said laughing. "Go sit your ass down, Zacky!" Mr. Romero said still laughing.

Zacky quickly flipped the teacher off as he laughed. Zacky turned around, and he stared at me.

I shifted my gaze from him to the ground.

I felt him walk over to me. He sat down at the empty desk to my right.

"I will know who did it to you," Zacky whispered to me.

He didn't even look my way. It scared me. Why did he feel the need to know? He didn't even know me or my name.

The second bell rang, and class had started. Mr. Romero just went over last night's homework, which no one decided to do besides myself.

"So Emma here, was the only person who actually did the assignment?" Mr. Romero asked.

Everyone just shrugged their shoulders.

I felt my face get red.

Was I not suppose to do the work? I felt like an idiot.

"She only did the work because she has no life," someone said. It was a fairly big guy. He had jock written across his forehead.

"Maybe she was the only one who did because everyone else couldn't grasp the subject?" I heard Zacky say. He had poison dripping from every word he said.

"You just insulted yourself," the jock said confused. "Great job, you figured it out." Zacky said winking.

I felt myself blush. He looks so cute, when he winked. I almost longed for him to wink at me.

I shook the thought from my head.

"Okay, cut it out guys." Mr. Romero said.

I heard the jock mutter something underneath his breath. I looked over to Zacky, who was glaring at the jock still.

"Thanks," I whispered to him.

He looked at me, and immediately his eyes soften.

"Welcome," he said smirking.

I felt myself get butterflies. I think I devolped a crush on this boy.

I turned my head over to the whiteboard. I couldn't stand looking at Zacky. He just had this thing that made me blush.

Maybe it was his good looks or the way his voice sounded. I don't know, but wouldn't let me think straight.

Class ended, and I pretty much sprinted to the door. I felt my heart racing.

What was that guy doing to me?

I stopped to catch my breath.

"English just takes your breath away, doesn't it?" I heard someone say.

I looked over to see a drop dead gorgeous man.

I nodded slowly, and he grinned at me.

"The name's Brian Haner," he said smiling. "Emma," I said.

He just continued to stare at me.

"Well, I better go to class," I mumbled. "What do you have next?" He asked smiling.

"Physics," I said blushing. "Me too. Here we can go together." He said happily.

We walked to class in silence. I had no idea what to say to this perfect angel. His long black hair was fixed to a messy mess that stood somewhat up. His brown eyes were soft, and they shined in the light.

"How come I've never noticed you before?" Brian asked me. "I just moved here last week," I said playing with my hair.

"That explains it. If I would've known earlier, I would've made sure I was your first friend." Brian said winking. "Well, you are the first person I've talked to properly." I said shrugging.

"So I can be your first new friend then?" He asked.

I nodded, and he flashed me a smile. That smile was contagious.

We reached our class, and Brian decided to sit next to me.

"So how do you like your new school?" He asked. "It's horrible," I answered truthfully. "Why?" he asked.

He sounded rather concerned. I decided that I liked this boy. He was calm and eager at the same time. He and I would be talking a lot, if I got to choose so.

"Because I'd rather be living with my mom. Plus, I actually have friends, and here I have none. Well, besides you now." I said. "You'll get used to it. Plus, I'm always here to help you out," Brian said flashing me another smile.

This boy was going to give me a heart attack one day. His smiles made me melt inside.

"Hey, Brian." I heard a faintly familiar voice say from behind me. "Hey, Zacky V." Brian said smiling.

"Zacky V?" I thought.

"Who's the cutie?" Zacky asked.

I turned around, and I could see Zacky's smile disappear.

"You," he whispered. "Hello," I mumbled.

"So you two already met?" Brian asked suggestively, raising his eyebrow. "Sort of," Zacky said.

I shrugged my shoulders. "How'd you meet?" Brian asked. "Remember the girl that me and Jimmy saved?" Zacky said pointing at me.

"Oh, so you're the damsel in distress." Brian said smirking.

I just nodded.

"How do you guys know each other?" Zacky asked. "We're friends," I said.

"How'd you meet?" Zacky repeated himself.

"I just said, 'hello'." Brian said mimicking a hand wave. "I see, so she'll actually talk to you." Zacky said.

"Sure, why wouldn't she?" Brian asked with a confused look on his face.

"I don't like talking to certain people." I answered. "Would I fall underneath one of those catagories?" Zacky asked.

I just nodded.

"I don't like pushy men," I said.

Zacky just walked away from me.

"Why are you so mean to him?" Brian asked me.

"He's a big strong man. He could hurt me in a flash of a second if I keep him around me. You never know, when men will turn on you." I said.

"What about me, then?" Brian said not smiling.

He looked drop dead serious, but I couldn't help smiling at him.

"I like you. You seem like a guy who would never hurt anyone or anything. I can trust you," I said smiling at Brian.

He was my first new friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hoped you guys liked it. :]