Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Zacky

I woke up to the birds chirping.

I sighed.

Today was going to be a very good day. I couldn't see how the weather was going to be like, considering I was facing Zacky's chest.

I laid there, thinking about everything I wanted to do, before I left California.

I wanted to forgive Zacky, possibly using the make up sex method. I needed to make sure to wear that lovely dress that Clem bought me.

Which brought me to the next item on the list. I needed to confront Jimmy. I still thought that I should talk to him about it, even if Clem and Zacky didn't.

I finally tried getting away from Zacky's grip on me. No use. He was holding onto me pretty tight. He sure did like to grip me in his sleep.

I sighed, waiting for Zacky to get up.

I laid there in Zacky's arms for a while, just listening to his steady breathing pattern.

When was this guy going to wake up?

It was a known fact that Zacky managed to sleep in later than most people, despite what time he went to bed the night before.

I snuggled in closer to Zacky, hoping that it would wake him up. Zacky's grip on me only tightened.

I sighed deeply, shaking my head.

"Emma?" He asked. "Zachary, you honestly need to learn how to wake up earlier." I said slightly annoyed.

"And you need to learn how to sleep in, be more comfy." Zacky said teasing.

I groaned. I wiggled in his arms, trying to get out. Zacky kept his arms wrapped tightly around me.

"Let me go," I whined. "No, not until I get my morning kiss." He said. "And you're not getting one until I brush my teeth," I teased.

"Oh, I think I'll get one out of you." Zacky said. "Why is that?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"'Cause I'm so damn fine," he said happily. "Zachary, you have such a huge ego, you know that?"

"Yup!"

I rolled my eyes. I was expecting that answer anyways.

"Fine, you'll get your kiss," I muttered. "Yay!"

Zacky loosened up his grip on me, just enough for me to reach his face. His hair was an all over mess, and his shirt was all crumpled up. All of this, yet he looked absolutely gorgeous.

I smiled at him.

His green eyes shimmered at me, causing my grin to grow even wider.

His expression didn't change. It was soft, warm, and comforting. He reminded me of a teddy bear. A teddy bear that was extremely hot, but still a very nice teddy bear.

"Emma," he whispered. My smile grew down, and my eyes softened.

"I love you, Zacky." I said sighing.

I gave him a quick peck on the lips and got up. I rushed over to the bathroom, before he could say anything to me. I locked the bathroom door, and I leaned against it.

What just happened?

I called him "Zacky".

Does that mean I've completely forgiven him? For a while now, it was completely natural for me to call him "Zachary". I never had to think about it, Zachary would just come out of my lips so smoothly.

But just now, Zacky had come out so quickly, so softly. I didn't have to think about that either.

Did my mind already forgive Zacky so quickly? Was my heart even ready for this to happen?

I shook my head.

What was I doing? I just told him that I loved him. I did love him. I loved Zacky so much. I told him I loved him, but then I pretty much ran away from him.

I was definitely sending him mixed signals. I should probably be there, still with him in his bed.

A soft knock broke me from my thoughts.

"Emma?" Zacky's voice said softly.

He sounded so hurt. What was I supposed to do now? I was sure that he would never forgive me now.

"Emma, please open the door." He said. I felt like a piece of ice was cutting my heart.

"Emma, why'd you run away?" He asked. I shook my head.

God, why was I being so stupid.

Before I knew what I was doing, I pressed the unlock button on the doorknob. The door opened slowly, and I backed away from it.

Zacky walked in slowly, and I looked down at the ground. I could feel his eyes on me.

"Emma?"

"Hmm?" I asked. "You have no idea how happy you made me," he said.

I felt my heart start to flutter.

"But then you have no idea how much you hurt me, when you just ran off." He said.

I, instantly felt bad. I just couldn't stop my legs from shaking.

Zacky's fingers touched my cheeks.

"I don't want you to be scared," he whispered. "I'm not," I said back.

His hands foced me to look up at him.

"Emma, I love you." He said. I didn't answer him.

"I know you love me. I can see it in your beautiful brown eyes," he said.

I shook my head.

"I can't do this anymore," I whispered. "Do what?" He asked. "I can't stand fighting with you," I whispered softly.

I was amazed he even heard my words.

"We're not fighting. We're making up," he said. He finally let go of my face.

"Emma, you have no idea how you drive me crazy." He said. I tilted my head to the side.

What was he talking about?

"The way you whisper, it sends tingles down my spine. The way you always try to sort out your problems by yourself is so adorable. I love how you're so clumsy. It makes me feel like I can always save you," Zacky said.

I stared at him for the longest time.

"You're crazy," I muttered. "You made me crazy," he said kissing my cheek. "God, you have no idea how much you make me crazy." I said.

"I find that very hard to believe," he said. "Do you have any idea how plain you make me feel?" I asked.

"Emma, you're the most beautiful thing that's ever walked this earth. How on earth could I ever make you feel plain?" He asked.

"I have brown hair and eyes. There's nothing special about me," I muttered. "Oh, but your brown hair and eyes is what makes you so special. They make you the goddess you are," Zacky said brushing my hair away from my face.

No matter what he said to me, it felt like he was just telling me more and more lies. This couldn't be true, it couldn't be.

"Please don't lie to me," I whimpered. "I can't lie to you," he whispered into my ear. I felt what he called a tingle go down my spine.

"Say my name," Zacky whispered. "Why?"

"Please just do it," he whimpered. He almost sounded like a cute little dog.

At first, I had my mind made up to not do it. Then he had to whimper like a dog, and my conscious broke down.

"Zacky," I whispered.

"One more time," he said. "Zacky, I love you." I said running my fingers through his black messy hair.

"Now it's definitely time for make-up sex," he said. Right before I was about to argue that it wasn't, he picked me up bridal style.

"No objections, right?" He asked.

I shook my head. His grin grew wide, as he led me to the bed.