Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Some more drama for your momma

I got out of Jimmy's car slowly. We decided to spend the day together, getting used to one another again. It was great. Jimmy made me laugh non-stop, and I, even got a piggy-back ride from Jimmy.

He took me to the zoo, where we spend most of the time at the petting zoo. Afterwords, Jimmy and I went to the movies. We did numerous other things that made this one of the best days of my life.

I hit Jimmy's arm lightly as we walked to Zacky's front door.

"You're mean, Jimmy!" I practically yelled. "But you love me," he said happily. "I do love you, Jimmy. Maybe too much," I muttered as I opened the door with the spare key.

It was pretty late, and I didn't want to bother anyone to answer the door for me. Surely, Mr. and Mrs. Baker were both sleeping by now. Zacky and the rest of the guys probably did something today too.

I sighed as I could hear my footsteps on the kitchen floor. So much for being quiet.

"Emma," I heard a voice say.

Of course, I jumped, as usual. Lights flickered on, and I saw Jimmy next to the switch.

"Hey, Zacky." Jimmy said smiling. "Hey, Zacky." I said smiling as well. "So did you two have fun?" He asked. He almost seemed... angry?

"Zacky, are you angry about something?" I asked slowly. Zacky was sitting at the kitchen table. He had his hands folded over one another, and he was staring right at me. His beautiful green eyes were filled of anger. He shook his head at me.

"Not really angry. More like betrayed," he said. He was glaring at me? Or maybe it was directed more at Jimmy than me?

"Betrayal?" Jimmy asked. Zacky nodded. "You two," he whispered harshly. "What did we do?" Jimmy asked.

It seemed like Jimmy was going to be doing the talking for the both of us. It was a good thing, though. I couldn't speak. Words refused to leave my throat. Zacky was betrayed by me? By Jimmy? How?

"You two know very well what you did," Zacky mumbled. I shook my head. I most certainly did not know what supposedly hurt him so much.

"Zacky, dude, what the hell did we do? Were we suppose to invite you with us today?" Jimmy asked shrugging. Zacky mumbled something under his breath.

"Zacky?" I finally said. "Emma, you of all people... I never expected this from you, especially with Jimmy!" Zacky yelled standing up.

His outburst surprised me, causing me to fall back. Jimmy caught me, though, which made me happy. Don't want another bruise because of my klutzy self.

"Thank you, Jimmy." I said smiling. "Your welcome." "That!" Zacky yelled. "What?" Jimmy asked. Jimmy's voice was now getting louder. I could tell he was getting slightly irritated now.

"You two! I know what you guys are doing," Zacky yelled.

I stared at Zacky for the longest time. His eyes weren't filled with tears but anger. He was glaring at me, I was sure. Not at Jimmy but me. It hit me. Zacky thought I was cheating on him, didn't he?

"Dude, you seriously need to take a chill pill," Jimmy said. "Shut the hell up, Jimmy! You're the one who's fucking betraying me! I never thought you'd ever do this to me!" Zacky yelled. "What the hell did I do?!" Jimmy practically screamed.

"Nothing happened, Zacky." I said. "Bullshit!" Zacky yelled. He put his head into the palms of his hands.

"Zacky, I could never do what you think I did. Jimmy would never do it." I said. I was walking to Zacky now. Jimmy was just shaking his head.

"Jimmy, he thinks I'm cheating on him with you," I said. Jimmy's eyes widened.

"Dude, that's just wrong!" Jimmy yelled. "Is it? Both of you going out on a lunch date doesn't exactly help you two!" Zacky yelled. "Were you spying on us?" I asked slowly.

Zacky nodded.

"I went at first just to ask, when you'd be back. But then I saw you two all happy together." Zacky said. "Zacky, usually when friends are together, hanging out, they are happy." Jimmy said slowly. He said it like Zacky was someone with a mental problem.

"Jimmy, I'm not a dumb ass! I heard you say that you two were going out!" Zacky yelled. I shook my head. Who knew that little joke would go so wrong?

"Dude, I only did that because of the stupid ass waiter!" Jimmy yelled. "Sure," Zacky mumbled.

"Zacky, he did it because the waiter was hitting on me." I said. Zacky stared at me, as if he was searching for anything to tell him that I was lying. I wasn't lying, so I didn't have anything to worry about.

"I couldn't stand watching that smug guy just undressing your girl, while we were eating," Jimmy said.

Zacky seemed as if he were thinking it all over. Zacky finally shook his head. I sighed. Maybe he saw it my way now.

"I don't believe you," he finally said. My heart felt like he stabbed it over and over again. "Zacky," I whined. "Don't say anything. Just go," he whispered.

I couldn't go. I loved Zacky. I was leaving California so very soon. In fact, I only had two more days on my side. If I wanted Zacky, then I had to fight for him.

I walked over to Zacky, despite him telling me to go away.

"Zacky, I love you so much." I said. "Don't lie." "You have no idea how much it's killing me that you're mad at me," I said. I touched his face with my hand.

"Zacky, I could never lie to you." I said.

I forced him to look at me.

"Zacky, I love you." I said sternly. His eyes never left mine. A smile formed on his lips. I grabbed his face, and I planted my lips on his.

"Better?" I whispered, letting go of him. "Much better," he whispered.

"So we good?" I heard Jimmy asked. "Way to ruin the moment," Zacky said chuckling a bit. I smiled. Good, this was over so quickly. Not another big fight.

"Sorry, I should've never accused you two." Zacky said softly. I nodded. "Well, not that this isn't heart warming, but I'm gonna go now." Jimmy said.

"Bye," Zacky and I said.

I didn't bother looking at Jimmy as he walked out of the house. I smiled at Zacky.

"Were you really that jealous?" I asked teasing. Zacky looked down at the ground, which didn't help him. I was a couple of inches shorter than him, so I saw the blush on his face.

"Zacky, you are so cute!" I said hugging him. "Guys aren't suppose to be cute," he muttered. I raised an eyebrow. "Well, then guess you're a manly man, then?" I asked. I couldn't help but let a couple of giggles come out as I said this.

"Yes, I am a manly man," he said. He suddenly grabbed my ass, and he lifted me up into the air.

"Aah!" I yelled. I instinctively wrapped my arms around his neck. "Isn't this nice?" He asked smirking.

"Zacky, let me down." I said sharply. I was hoping that it looked like I was pissed off. He'd probably let me go.

"Eh, I think not. I like this position a lot." Zacky said happily. I rolled my eyes. "The only thing is, I'd prefer if your legs were wrapped around my waist just about now," Zacky said.

That damn smirk was still on his face.

"Fine, I guess I'll have to do it myself." Zacky mumbled. He quickly took his hands off of my ass, and he very quickly forced my legs around his waist. Before I could object, his hands were back where they started.

"See, isn't this much better?" He asked. I shook my head. "No, it's not." I said.

Zacky shrugged. He began walking, and I clutched onto him, trying not to fall. I felt Zacky raise his leg, and I heard a door slam open.

"Let's have some more make-up sex," Zacky said winking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gosh, Zacky's just a big ol' sex machine!