I attend Hogwarts School of Martial Arts for Boys...and I'm a GIRL

First Sight

It was exactly twelve years ago today that i saw my first super hero. His blue tights was a crisp white gui (pronounced GEE-its basically a karate uniform), his cape, a belt-black as night, and weapons- his fists. I watch through the big glass window from the street, dropping my princess barbie dejectedly, as his hands move faster than lightening attacking his opponent with a grace i didn't know existed. He was a swift movement of hands and dancing feet. The two men separated, and proceeded to dance intricate steps around eachother, darting in and out, until my super hero stepped in and with a sharp knife hand to the head followed by an outer crescent kick landing bluntly on the shoulder, claimed victory.
I was mesmerized. I had never seen anything like this before! Up until that moment, I had felt like i was missing something, like something was just out of reach, but at thtat moment i knew what i wanted to do. People had asked my petite three year old self what I wanted to be when I grew up. I always emptily told them, "a PRINCESS!" like my older sisters always taught me to say. From that moment on, I knew what i truly was destined to be a Super Hero, just like that man.
"Pretty cool, isn't it," a boy next to me said. I looked over at him, right into piercingly blue eyes. He was wearing a uniform just like the super hero.
"Someday I'll be as good as he is," he said.
"What is this??" I ask, wanting to know all I can.
"That is called Mixed Martial Arts,"
"Can I try it?"
"I guess, but its mostly for boys, why don't you just go an play with your little dolls now!" and he left.
Embarrassed, I was now determined to prove him wrong, I would find a way to study Martial Arts one way or another.