‹ Prequel: Forever & Always
Status: Completed

Chasing Echoes

Love Is A Battlefield

Image
Banner By: Vanessa

I flipped open my phone for the hundredth time, still there was no message from Shia, I sighed. Shia hasn’t answered my calls or texts in the last 3 days, and he had locked me out of his apartment. I knew he was pissed about Joe, but I didn’t think he would be this immature about it. He wouldn’t even bother to send me a text telling me if it was over or not.

“Hey, Kourtney you ready for recording?” Mike asked.

“No,” I replied not looking up from my phone.

“Looking at it won’t make it ring. Come on lets go,” Mike said grabbing my arm.

“Oh joy!” I said sarcastically.

I had recording today with Joe, I didn’t want to go. There was no way out of it though, I could fake sick, but it would just go on tomorrow. So I had to suck it up, spend an hour with my enemy, and then get on with my life of waiting for Shia to call.

Mikewalked dragged me down to the Jonas studio. Where everyone was already set up and ready to record, everyone but me.

“Hello Kourtney,” Denise smiled.

“Hey Denise,” I smiled brightly at her.

“Kourtney!” Kevin screamed and ran to hug me.

I threw my arms around Kevin and hugged him tight. I hadn’t seen Kevin in a while, and I really missed him. Kevin was definitely my favorite Jonas at the moment.

“Come on let’s get recording, say hi later.” Mike said.

“Fine,” I sighed and opened the door to the recording room.

Joe was setting on a stool messing around with his microphone and texting on his iPhone. I grabbed one of the stools from the back of the room and set it down next to his, then turned the mic to face me more.

“Hey,” Joe said quietly.

I didn’t bother to reply; I just pulled my phone out and checked for a message from Shia, again.

Nothing.

It was driving me crazy that he wouldn’t talk to me.

“Everyone ready?” Paul asked.

I nodded along with everyone else, and I heard a soft slow beat start playing. I picked the paper with all the lyrics on it off the table and handed one to Joe. I tapped my foot on the floor softly to keep the beat till it was my part.

Kourtney:
I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
That don't bother me
I can take a few tears now and then and just let them out
I'm not afraid to cry every once in a while
Even though going on with you gone still upsets me
There are days every now and again I pretend I'm ok
But that's not what gets me

Joe & Kourtney:
What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin' to do

Joe:
It's hard to deal with the pain of losing you everywhere I go
But I'm doin' It
It's hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I'm alone
Still Harder
Getting up, getting dressed, livin' with this regret
But I know if I could do it over
I would trade give away all the words that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken

Joe & Kourtney:
What hurts the most
Is being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was trying to do

What hurts the most
Is being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was trying to do

Not seeing that loving you
That's what I was trying to do
Ooohhh....”


Once we finished the song, I was about to cry because I knew Mike had made this about mine and Joe’s relationship. It killed me to sing this song with him; this song hit way to close to home for me. I looked over at Joe and he didn’t seem happy either, he just kept running his fingers threw his now messy hair.

I felt my phone go off and pulled it out of my pocket; 1 new message. I flipped open my Razor and looked at the message to find out it was from Perez himself. I clicked on the link and his site appeared up with a picture of Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox hugging and hanging out.

I felt my heart drop instantly, and I let the phone drop to the ground. I felt someone’s hand lock into mine, I looked up to see Joe holding onto my hand and sending me a sympathetic look. I looked into Joe’s eyes, and we stayed like that for god only knows how long but then I got that urge to lean ford and press our lips together. So I leaned back, I couldn’t go back on the rollercoaster of Kourtney and Joe again. I had been on it one to many times to go back.

I snatched my hand out of Joe’s, got up as I picked my phone off the floor and took off towards to door. I got out into the studio and saw everyone sending me confused looks, so before anyone got a chance to ask anything I booked.

---

I set up on the roof letting the cold air sting my face as I cried. I felt like I was in a million pieces, the one person I tired to give my heart to had already broken it in less then a month. I knew I was mostly to blame for what went on, but Shia never chased me.

I heard the door to the roof open and I didn’t bother looking back. I already knew who it was; there was only one person besides me that would come up here. I really didn’t want to talk to the reason my relationship was ruined in the first place.

“Why did you come up here?” I asked wiping the fresh tears falling.

“Because you’re hurt and need someone,” Joe said quietly, and I heard his footsteps getting closer.

“I don’t need you,” I shook my head and brought my legs closer to my chest.

“Probably not, but I’m the one who’s here. If you didn’t want me, you wouldn’t have come up here knowing I’m the only one who knew about it. You came up here because you know I’m here.” Joe said and set down next to me.

“Wow, don’t we just sound so full of ourselves.” I rolled my eyes.

“Kourtney stop, you know that’s not what I meant. I am who you run to when you’re hurt even if I hurt you, you run to me.” Joe said and tired to pull me to him but I pushed him back.

“Shut up Joe,” I turned my head away and new tears fell, again.

“Come on, let’s go down to you’re studio.” Joe said, and I heard his feet hit the cement as he jumped up.

“I can go alone,” I snapped as I got up.

“But I’m not going to let you,” Joe said grabbing my arm.

I sighed knowing I wasn’t going to win this battle anytime soon. I shook Joe’s hand off my arm, and then grabbed a hold of his hand as we walked towards the door. We stayed in this awkward quiet silence the whole way to my studio.

Once we got there, I let go of Joe’s hand and walked to the couch and set down. I almost felt more depressed because this was the last place I left Shia, setting here on my studio couch after we almost hooked up.

I felt Joe try and pull me towards him, but I pushed him back while new tears started to fall. I just let the wet tears slid down my cheek and hit the floor. I felt horrible for leaving Shia the other day to chase after Joe.

“Stop pushing me away Kourt,” Joe said frustrated.

“I didn’t ask you to come!” I snapped wiping away some tears.

“Fine,” Joe said then got up and walked towards the door. “Why is everything with you some kind of battle?”

“Because I don’t know what side your fighting for! Whose side are you fighting for mine or Allison?” I screamed and stood up.

“I think we both know whose side I’m fighting for! I’ve always been on the same side! You’re the one who switched! So whose side are you really fighting for?” Joe screamed back and moved closer.

“No ones! I stopped fighting the battle is over,” I said running my hand threw my hair.

“I’m sorry,” Joe whispered.

As much as I didn’t want to do this I gave in, I let my guard down. I ran to Joe and he instantly put his arms around me, holding me as close as to him as I could get. I felt his head lay on top of mine as he started playing with the ends of my hair. We didn’t speak, I just cried while he held onto me.

I looked up at Joe and found him looking down at me with those same chocolate eyes I fell in love with the first time we met.Someone Something took over me, I learned forward towards Joe. Joe seemed shocked by this action but accepted it, leaning forward to meet me. I felt every part of my brain screaming not to do this, but I blocked out all of my thoughts. I felt Joe’s nose hit mine, as our lips came closer. Once I closed my eyes I slid my hand up to Joe’s cheek, his hot breathe fell on my lips and I knew he was going for it. Joe lips brushed across mine, everything I felt for him came back up into play.

“Kourtney look what I… Whoa!” I heard the door bust open, I pushed Joe back to look at the door, and saw Mike standing there with a little brunette.

“Are we interrupting something?” The brunette asked.

“No, I was just leaving.” Joe said, and then took off out the door.

“Joe,” I sighed but didn’t go after him.

“Do I want to know what was going on in here before I came in?” Mike asked with his eyes glued to me.

“No, probably not,” I looked down.

“Well anyways, this is Danielle Larson she is your new assistant.” Mike said pointing to the little brunette.

“Nice to meet you, I’m a big fan.” Danielle smiled at me.

“Nice to meet you to Danielle, I can’t wait for you to start.” I said.

“Me either,” Danielle smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sure Team Joe is waving their flag high. lol
The next 3 chapters are going to be amazing so just wait.
and what does everyone think of Danielle? - (She is on the summary just click on her name)

Thanks for all the comments guys - and subscribes are up. (:
So good job & keep it up.

Love,
Kourtney.