You've Made A Mess of Things

.09 You've Made A Mess Of Things

Wandering the streets of Gilbert wasn’t as fun as I thought it would be.
I was on the corner of East Warner Road and South Val Vista Drive, and I couldn’t figure out what I wanted to do. There were plenty of things to do, just walking wasn’t bad, but I needed a place to think and to relax. Though walking was relaxing, there were just too many cars and people around for me to put myself into thinking. I had to spend all my concentration on trying not to get run over by a car.
And let me tell you, that took a whole lot of concentration.
“Taco Bell!” I cried happily, jabbing the cross walk button repeatedly, waiting for the damn white guy to pop up on the black screen. “Come on!” I let the ‘n’ roll, a soft whine leaving my lips.
Damn, there’s those strange pregnancy cravings. I’m pretty sure I’ve never gotten that heated over Taco Bell before.
Never.
“Thank God,” I ran across the road, just as the main light turned red and the little white lighted walking guy flashed on the black sign. “Gonna get me some Chalupa’s!”
I made my way into the blue, purple, and tan building, smiling at the employee behind the counter as I stared up at the menu intently. I already knew what I wanted, but I figured I’d waste some time and figure out what I was going to drink.
Though, I pretty much already knew that too. It’s funny how after a few times at the same place, you find your ‘regular’ order items that you’d get every time you went.
At least, I thought it was funny.
Consistency was hilarity at its finest.
I ordered my food, waiting by the side of the counter as they made two Supreme Chalupa’s and my Strawberry Frutista Freeze. I couldn’t say that it wasn't absolutely appetizing looking, not to mention harder then all hell to wait for, but I guess that was how it was and I'd soon enough have it in my hands. Regardless of how my stomach rumbled it’s curses at the wait time.
“I told you so,” I heard mumbled out from behind me, a lone, rough hand gripping my shoulder as the other reached down and took a hold of my order.
Just fucking great! Really, why can’t people just leave me alone!? I left for a damn reason!
He turned me around, my eyes connecting with Jamie’s and the rest of the group as Tyson guided me towards the back, placing my dish on the table and pulling a chair out of me.
“Sit,” He demanded, pointing in the seat that he had pulled out; sliding into one next to me as the guys pushed the table next to ours together. “Why the fuck did you run away? Are you fucking stupid or something? Fucking irresponsible and stup--”
“You yap a lot like a damn Chihuahua,” I cut him off, unwrapping my food as I stared down at the purple tray. “And I left because I was done listening to you tell me shit. I’m done with sitting there and letting you guys tell me everything that’s wrong with me. Fuck you. I have feelings too. And you downing me constantly and making me feel like shit doesn’t help my self esteem worth a crap. So, unless you’re going to be nice and shit, don’t bother saying shit, just go. If you want to be cool and sit and eat with me, that’s great and I’m down, but no more fucking preaching. I might be a teenager, but so are you, and I’m sick of being treated like a bad five year old.”
“I think that’s the most I’ve ever heard you talk before,” Pamela mumbled, her eyes widened slightly as she stared over at me.
“This isn’t ove—“ Jamie started, only to get cut off as I scooped up some extra sour cream from my wrapper and threw it at him, giggling loudly as it splattered out across his nose.
“I said shut up!”
“You little bitch!” He yelled, reaching for a napkin as he tried to wipe the gunk off his face. “Fucking nasty.”
“Jamie, you eat that shit out of the container at home, there’s really no difference.”
“You touched it! There’s a major difference!” I rolled my eyes, scoffing lowly.
“It’s not like I’m been touching shit all day!”
“Well, you touched Tyson, and I’m sure he’s touched shit.” Sighing heavily, I shook my head. God, he was stupid or something.
Or something might be more like it.
“Asshole,” Tyson’s fist punched into Jamie’s right shoulder, his eyes glued to mine as he watched me, despite his actions. “We’re going to have to talk.”
“The last few times we’ve tried that, I haven’t liked how they ended.” I took a sip of my drink, watching as Pamela and Pouyan cuddled together, his lips moving against her ear as his hand slid up her thigh closest to him. “Kinky isn't smart, you don’t want to end up like me.”
Pamela frowned deeply, staring over at me as Pouyan scooted back into his seat, sitting still and prone with his hands in his lap.
Guess someone really didn’t want a kid quite yet.
“Just because your pregnant doesn’t mean your life is over,” She said, shaking her head as she ran her fingers through her hair, tugging lightly as she rested her hand against the table and pressed her head into it. “It probably just makes it more interesting.”
“It’s not over, but it’s certainly not good either.” I answered, gnawing at my bottom lip as I stared at Tyson, talking to everyone, but really, the words were meant specifically for him. “Everything will be so much more difficult now. I’ll have to take care of the baby instead of getting a job. I won’t be able to be a teenager anyone, because I’ll be a mom. I’m going to have to figure out how to find a few grand for Hospital bills and baby stuff, not to mention the mental price of telling my parents. And who knows, they might kick me out. My life is never going to be the same again. I’ll never be me again. And I don’t know if that’s a bad or a good thing; but I know it isn’t going to be easy.”
In fact, it’s going to be so fucking hard. That I knew.
That I knew.
And from the serious look in his eyes, he knew it too.
♠ ♠ ♠
They said I'm broken.
But I don't see how you can fix it.
So that must be a fabrication.