One Call Could End It All

Blank Meaningless Stares

Everyone just wouldn’t let up. Their eyes just kept staring, looking for an answer, a reason. His hands wrapped around her waist and their eyes were burning hole into her flesh. *Is it so weird that I’m walking with Luke? Why is everyone staring at me? Do I have something on my face?* As soon as she passed biology class, Samantha was coming out. Her jaw dropped, practically hitting the floor. She heard Lucarius let a low chuckle slip. *What is he laughing at? Is it me?* Lucarius, who seemed so happy, just kept on smiling. Alexandra was left wondering what for. Once they had gotten to English he placed her books on a desk and his at the desk beside it. “Okay. Time to start class. Emma, Timothy, stop making out!” As she proceeded to teach, something nudged Alexandra’s arm. Lucarius was doing it. Once he had caught her attention he reached out to hand her a note. She grabbed it, not knowing what to think at the moment. “Is this for me?” she whispered. “Of course.” He said, grinning. She started opening this perfectly folded piece of paper very quietly. She read it.

~ Alexandra,
Hello my dear. Let me start by apologizing for everything and everything I’ve managed to do to hurt you. Second of all, I think I need to tell you something. A secret if you will. I haven’t told anyone. Is there anyway we can meet after school? I’ll bring you to my place. Please, if you can, come. –Lucarius ~

Alexandra just shook her head up and down in his direction. She didn’t really understand. *Why does he want to tell ME his secret? Does he like me or something? No. That couldn’t be it. Could it?* she whispered softly, “I’ll be there. Meet me at the backdoor, near the gym, after school.” Lucarius grinned and nodded. His face seemed to glow with happiness. Once the happiness faded and began to die down, she saw worry in his eyes. She had seen that look before, when he apologized. Something seemed wrong. The happiness remained on his face and the worry stayed in his eyes. Alexandra’s mind was now lost and confused.