Status: My Grandpa had some issues with his computer, so I lost ALL of the work I did for the next chapter. I'm working on it again. Thank you for your patience.

Midnight Rain

Fourteen

I was normally good at hiding things. It didn't take much, a small fib here or there and not soon before long it was covered up and the whole ordeal was forgotten. However, as i approached Zacky and his friends, I had a feeling it wasn't going to be as simple as I had assumed. The only people in the group were Zack, Brian and Matthew. The curiosity glinted in Zack's eyes when he saw me approaching them. The muscles in the corner of his mouth pulled into a small smile. Just for me. Zack was wearing a pair of faded blue jeans and a red collared shirt. It was formal but casual and he looked fabulous in it. Brian was in a pair of black jeans and a plain white tee shirt. Matt on the other hand was in camo man-shorts and an Iron Maiden band shirt.

I flashed them all a smile while the voice in my head laughed. I could feel the heat rising in my body, slowly. First up my legs as I walked towards them, up my stomach and then finally turning my neck and ears a shade of crimson. I was hoping it would rise to my cheeks so I could claim embarrassment. I'm never so lucky. The glint of curiosity in Zack's eyes changed to confusion as he survived my new shade of pink. I blocked her out of my mind before I walked right into Zack's arms for a hug. He smelled incredible. So manly yet so suttle. I liked it. I smiled up at him and said, "Good morning." The knot in my stomach started to form but Zack smiled down on me and said "Good morning to you to, wasn't expecting an immediate hug when I saw you." Zacky laughed a little but and smiled down at her. "You must of missed me," Said Zack in a playful tone. His eyes were such a vibrant green, all I could so was smile and say, "Whatever you say, Baker." When his last name left my lips I could have swore that I saw a twinkle in his eye.

The bell ringing, signaling for us to go to class, snapped me out of my own thoughts. The guys and I said goodbye, knowing that we would meet up together at lunch. As I walked away from the group I could feel a pair of eyes watching how my body moved as I walked. I felt microscopic. I crossed my arms under my breast and continued on to my classes. I hadn't heard the voice at school. Yet.

The day went by with a blur. I went to all of my classes; not that I listened to any of the teachers lecturing us on whatever the subject was. I didn't even dip out at lunch and go to the library so my mind track wouldn't be broken. I found myself looking back on the past. I was trying to figure out when exactly it was that I had ridden myself of the voice. I knew it was a drawn out process and I had to undergo many different medical procedures. I groaned to myself quietly when I thought of how long and drawn out some of them were. Some of the procedures were even painful.

I sat in my warm wooded desk watching the clock. Waiting for it to strike at the hour signaling for us to go home. When the bell rang I gathered my things and walked out. Luckily I didn't have any homework so, I put all of my things in my locker, even my back pack, and walked out to the courtyard to meet up with the guys. I saw them standing over by the exit for the C hall building. I felt a pang of anxiety. I kind of had a life going on and I didn't want to voice in my head to ruin it, or them. Zack saw me and smiled. He looked tired and worn down from the day but his eyes never turned away as I edged near. Matt and Brian seemed to be talking to Johnny, who did not look happy. His face, neck and ears were a bright pink. His vein showed through his neck.

"Hey." I said to Zack with a smile. I adored his green eyes. They were like a large, deep lake, one that I wanted to go swimming in. "What's wrong with Johnny?" I said pointing over to a ranting Johnny and an amused looking Brian and Matt.

Zack stiffed a laugh and said, "He got detention right along with Matt. See, Matt doesn't mind because he has a car, Johnny doesn't." I could tell this amused Zack as well because of how his tone was free and full of wanting to laugh.

"Well, I have detention to so I'll take you home after wards." Matt said with a small laugh to his friend. Johnny seemed to turn regular shade and Brian just snickered at his friends receding anxiety.

"Alright guys I have a study date in the library. Have fun in detention." Brain just couldn't wipe the smug smirk off of his lips. Johnny mumbled something about him being a jackass before Brian turned to us and waved as he strolled in the direction of the library. For some reason I knew he didn't have studying on his mind.

"Well guys have fun, I'm going to take Amanda home." Zack said as he locked his hand with mine. I waved to Johnny and Matt as Zack and I strolled out to his car. I had never seen him drive so I assumed that he preferred to walk. That I understand because walking can clear even the most cloudy of minds. We walked on a cobalt blue 1969 Chevy Camero with a Z-11 pacer in it. It was beautifully restored. My breathe almost caught in my throat as I slid into the manila colored leather seats. The car was perfect.

Zack looked at me and smiled. I bet he liked the satisfaction on my face. He cranked her up and she purred like a kitten. It reminded me of all of the Hot Rod shows I would go to as a child. I looked at Zack as he began taking us away from school; I showed him my pearly whites. I was starting to wonder if there was anything about him I didn't like.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update for my loves:]
comments = updates

Sorry for any miss-spelling. My grandpas connection to the spell check sucks.