What's The Name Of The Game

Willing To Risk It

The wake and the funeral seemed to blur by for Tianna. She was still confused about everything, but the sense of peace never left her. Jon never left her either, which was something she was immensely grateful for. The funeral had just ended, and Jon and Pat had to get back downtown for their game.

It was Friday, and although Jon and Pat missed the morning skate where Coach Quenneville would decide Jon’s fate, they explained what had happened and he let them slide. Jon still didn’t know what this meant for his playing time, but he was too busy concerning himself with Tianna to worry about it.

Kara, Patrick, and Jon had all convinced Tianna to come to the game, since she needed a break from all the things that had been going on. At the moment, Tianna was saying goodbye to Jon’s family. She had bonded even further with Andree, who helped Tianna find the courage to call her biological mother’s family. In a month’s time, she would be having lunch with them.

Kara and Pat were taking Jon’s parents back to the airport soon, and Tianna didn’t want to say goodbye. Jon was staying behind with Tianna just because he wanted to, and he knew it was probably the only alone time they’d get to talk about what they needed to.

After Pat and Kara drove away with Jon’s family, Tianna shut her front door and turned to Jon.

“Thanks for bringing them here,” she told him as she walked closer to him.

“They wanted to come on their own,” Jon informed as he wrapped his arms around her. “I told them what happened, and they wanted to be here for you.”

“Really?”

“Of course, Tia. They love you,” he chuckled.

“I love them too,” she grinned. Jon leaned down and kissed her lightly, and smiled when Tianna kissed back. He pulled away after a few moments, and looked straight into her eyes.

“So…does this mean…you and me…”

“Yeah,” Tianna laughed. “It does.”

Jon smiled and immediately kissed her again, and then began apologizing in between kisses for being such a moron.

“Move back in with me,” Jon requested, breaking away.

“Jon, I’d love to, but Kara and I were thinking we’d room here together. I mean, the house is already paid for, and she needs a place to stay for when she transfers up here, and your place is way too small for all four of us. Plus, we just got all my stuff back here from your place,” she ended with a laugh.

Jon smiled and nodded, not minding being turned down in this case.

“You’re lucky you live in a close suburb,” he remarked, pecking her lips once more.

“So if I lived further away you wouldn’t come visit me?” She faked hurt.

“Yeah, yeah. You know I would.”

Tianna smiled up at him before saying she was going to get changed for the game.

“Wait,” Jon called out to her. “I uh, brought you something.”

Tianna looked at him confused, but he didn’t say anything as he led her upstairs to the bedroom. He rifled through his bag, pulling out the jersey and necklace that he had previously given her but Tianna had given back after their fight. She held the jersey as Jon re-fastened the necklace around her neck. She bit her lip and smiled, letting Jon hug her from behind.

“How did you even know to bring them? Didn’t you say you came here kind of unexpectedly?” She inquired.

“Yeah, I did. I kept them both in my locker on the off chance you’d show up to a game or something,” Jon muttered.

Tianna turned around in his arms, letting him give her an actual hug. Jon pulled away a little later, allowing her to get ready.

Pat and Kara came back soon after and they all left, wanting to get to the arena early to talk to Quenneville. When they arrived at the United Center Jon and Pat headed immediately toward their coach’s office, and the girls followed swiftly behind them. He was just coming out as the four of them arrived.

“Hey coach,” Pat greeted.

“Hey boys,” he replied. He introduced himself to Kara and Tianna, and offered his condolences to the latter as well.

“So, coach. I was wondering about tonight?” Jon asked rather than stated.

“Well, our agreement was I’d have to see you during practice, so…”

Jon nodded dejectedly, and Tianna immediately intervened.

“Excuse me,” she stated, causing everyone to look at her. “Uh, sir,” she added after seeing the intense look in Joel’s eyes. “I really think Jon is ready. I mean, we’ve settled things, and I’m sure he’ll be able to do well tonight. Just give him a chance?”

While Joel’s expression still held the same intense seriousness, there was an added twinkle to his eyes.

“Alright,” he smirked. “Boys, go show the ladies to their seats and then go get laced up.”

Jon and Pat instantly did as told, and Tianna shot a thankful glance back at Joel. He nodded at her, and soon enough Tianna felt herself be whisked around a corner.

Tianna found herself really enjoying the game, especially because the Hawks were winning. Once the game was over and the win was secured, Jon sent a text to Tianna to come down to the locker room. Since security was expecting them they let Kara and Tianna through right away, and the two girls waited by the locker room for Jon and Pat.

Jon emerged a few minutes later and grabbed the two girls, pulling them inside. Patrick introduced Kara as his girlfriend and Tianna as his cousin, but added that she was Tazer’s girl. Tianna looked over at Jon, who just shrugged sheepishly. They hadn’t told anyone they were back together, well, scratch that. Apparently, Jon had told Pat. Tianna smiled at Jon, letting him know she was happy he told.

The entire team, along with any girlfriends and wives, all decided to go out to eat afterwards to celebrate the win. Jon, knowing that Tianna had a long day, offered to stay back with her, but she assured him she could handle dinner with the team.

“Atta’ girl,” Adam Burish grinned, throwing an arm around her shoulders and walking out with her. Tianna laughed and allowed herself to be taken away as everyone else followed. Kara hung back to walk with Jon momentarily, and Pat was oblivious as he chatted with a teammate.

“Hey,” she greeted.

“Uh, hey,” Jon replied uncertainly. He didn’t know what she wanted. Suddenly her fist came out of nowhere and decked Jon in the upper arm. “Jesus Christ, Kara!” He groaned, rubbing the sore spot.

“If you ever hurt her like that again, I swear to God, Jon-”

“I know! I know. I won’t,” he promised.

“You better not,” she glared. The glare soon melted and she smiled at him, before pulling him into a quick hug. “You better hurry before Burish charms her pants off.”

Jon smiled at her and walked ahead as Pat rejoined his girlfriend.

“What was that about?” He asked her.

“Oh, nothing,” Kara sang, kissing Patrick on the lips.

The dinner was nice and entertaining, and Tianna once again was overwhelmed with the immediate acceptance into the group. The guys were all including her in conversation and seemed genuinely interested about her.

After dinner, a lot of the guys went home but a big group was going to go back to Brent Seabrook’s house to watch a movie. Although Tianna was tired, she agreed to go to Brent’s house because she was enjoying herself far too much. She knew once she got home, she'd have to deal with reality, and although she wasn't dreading it as much as she thought she would be, she had no qualms about prolonging it just a bit more.

After everyone had arrived at Brent’s and settled in, discussions on what movie to watch began. When a scary movie was chosen, Jonathan felt Tianna tense a little bit. He nudged her slightly, to remind her that he was there, and she immediately relaxed and grinned at him. She leaned up to give him a quick kiss, but Jon caught her off guard and deepened it.

When they pulled away, they noticed that Brent had shut off everything else, and the TV was their only source of light.

“I love you,” Jon whispered to her. Tianna stared up at him, wide eyed, and Jon panicked for a second.

Had he really said that out loud? What if she didn't feel the same? What if-

“I love you too,” she smiled. Jon immediately relaxed and kissed her again. Suddenly a collective “Awe” was heard from his teammates and it had been led by none other than Adam Burish. Tianna blushed and hid her face in Jon’s neck, causing everyone to laugh.

Jon wrapped his arms around Tianna tightly, and kissed the top of her head. Eventually everyone settled down and watched the movie, and even though Jon and Tianna were watching too, they were really more focused on each other.

They knew that they had been through a lot together, and that a lot of the times they had made each other absolutely miserable. But they also knew that they were more miserable without each other, and they were both willing to risk it.

Jon smiled down at her again, and was greeted by Tianna’s smiling lips pressing themselves to his once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this story didn't exactly go the way I had planned on it going, but sometimes you gotta just roll with it.

I'm not sure I like it as a whole, and I've had this last chaper written and typed up for a while now. I didn't post it sooner in case I wanted to add things or change things, but I really think it's because I didn't want it to end yet.

In any case, I wanted to thank all the readers and commenters. You guys are the best and I really can't thank you guys enough.

COMMENTS ARE LOOOOVE! =)