Bite Me

You Got To Have Trust

“Pete, wake up.” I said gently shaking him awake. He looked so peaceful sleeping but I had to wake him up. Jon was back with the blood Pete needed. He was gone for almost an hour. I am just glad that he’s back now and Pete will stop having withdrawals.

“Here you go, Pete.” Jon said approaching Pete with caution. “Can I talk to you over here a second, Amanda?” Jon asked.

“Sure.” I said. I helped Pete sit up and he gave me an odd look. I knew he would hopefully be himself soon and his hand worried me. He was trying not to use it and I knew he was still in pain.

“What do you want, Jon?” I asked confused.

“Did he hurt you? I don’t see a bite or anything but I thought I would ask.” Jon said as I walked over in the kitchen area of his condo. He had a big condo. You could have a huge party in it. It was nice as I looked around for where I was standing.

“No. He wanted to but I just kept talking to him.” I said glancing over at Pete sitting on the couch. He reminded me of a lost little boy at how he was looking around.

“Oh.” Jon said rubbing his neck.

“Are you afraid of him now? Trust me, he will be fine after he drinks that stuff. Besides I trust Pete. After everything that has happened to us so far, he can’t hurt me any more. He won’t. He’s a fighter.” I replied.

“It’s not him I am worried about. Can you trust yourself around him?” Jon asked.

I was taken aback by his question. What did he mean could I trust myself? I knew where I stand regarding Pete.

“I am the slayer, Jon. It is my responsibility to protect the people in this world from vampires. I may love Pete but I would never let him hurt anyone if that is what you mean, especially myself.” I replied.

“Good. You look exhausted. Do you want anything to drink? I can make you some coffee then I will give you guys the grand tour if Pete is up for it.” Jon said.

“Coffee would be great and yeah, I am very worn out right now from the flights and event that happened today. It’s been a long day and it is only one pm. Thanks, Jon.” I said watching Pete carefully. He was already done with his meal. He wasn’t saying much. Our eyes met each others gaze. I turned to watch Jon make some coffee.

“So, Jon, I came here to have Pete follow me but the main reason is I want Pete to see his family. He hasn’t spoken to them in four months.” I said in a whisper so Pete wouldn’t hear me.

“I know. His mom has called all us Panic boys to see if we have heard from him. I don’t think Patrick even takes her calls anymore she said once. But how are you going manage him meeting them?” Jon asked.

“Well, I thought that maybe you could call his mom and set up a visit or something for tomorrow night.” I said sitting down on a bar stool. “Pete should be better and I would hope his hand would be healed up to at least a slight wound but nothing everyone would want to freak out about.” I said. “Tell her you are bringing Pete.” I said laughing.

“You think it will be that easy, huh?” Jon said laughing with me.

“Yes I do. Besides she doesn’t know me yet and I’m sure she wouldn’t care if her son was with us.” I replied drinking my coffee Jon had just made.

“Well, you better go check on Pete, and then I will show you around. I am sure you two want to rest and so when you do I will call Pete’s mom.” Jon said sitting beside me on a bar stool.

“Thanks, Jon!” I said getting up and hugging him.

“Easy there. If my girlfriend was to come home and see that, she would be really mad at me.” Jon said laughing.

“Ah, don’t worry. I can take her.” I said walking over to Pete laughing at Jon.

“Hey, are you alright Pete?” I asked sitting beside him on the couch.

“My hunger is gone and I am having some feeling come back to my hand and there is less pain.” Pete replied looking in my eyes. “Thank you for not giving up on me.” He said.

“Hey, I told you. I trust you and you did well. Pete your dream you’ve had before is just a dream. You can’t hurt me unless you make it come true. And you won’t.” I said pulling him close into an embrace.

“I know but I wanted to. But I tried to focus on us and I tried to take my mind of wanting to bite you and I fell asleep.” Pete said in a serious tone.

“You looked so peaceful. I didn’t want to wake you but I knew you had to get a bite to eat for our sakes and your hand to heal.” I said.

He pulled me into a long kiss, and then he placed his left hand in my hair and kissed my forehead placing his on mine. We just sat there, each glad that Pete was alright.

“Hey, Pete, look at this huge living room of Jon’s. His kitchen is nice too. It’s kind of like my kitchen just a little bigger. I’m exhausted I guess I am trying to say and need sleep. I have to be strong for everyone else but myself. So let’s let him give us a tour of his place.” I said.

“I’ve already been here.” Pete said smiling.

“Oh, party pooper.” I said.

“But I don’t mind. Come on.” Pete said getting up and extending his left hand out for me to grab. I let him help me up off the couch and then we walked to the kitchen over to Jon.

“I take it Amanda you are ready for the tour, now.” Jon said.

“Yes, since Pete’s already been here.” I said looking at Pete. Jon and him just kept this big grin like they were keeping something from me.

“Let me show you the bedrooms.” Jon said taking us down a hallway. “You have the bathroom on the right here, and your bedroom on the left. Mine and my girlfriend’s bedroom is here on the right here as well past the bathroom.” Jon said laughing.

“Wait, you two knew there was only one guest bedroom? Pete you get the floor.” I said being serious. I could joke around too on them.

“What?” He said looking at Jon who was just shrugging his shoulders.

“What if I didn’t want to sleep with you?” I said pointing my finger out at Pete.

“Uh, I’m sorry.” He said confused.

“I will leave you two alone and here is where I stuck your bag, Amanda.” Jon said pointing to a corner.

“Thanks.” I said shutting the bedroom door.

“Now, as for you Mr. Wentz, you were being bad. So for punishment you stay on your side and I will stay on mine.” I said collapsing on the bed.

“But, fine!” Pete said sitting on his side of the bed.

“I crawled into the covers and tried to fall asleep, leaving Pete thinking I was upset when really I wasn’t. I was just paying him back for not telling me there was only one extra bedroom. I laid on my back and finally fell asleep with Pete laying beside me on his side of the bed.