Bite Me

In Your Dreams

(Pete’s POV)
How could she torture me like this? I just assumed with everything we have been feeling lately she wouldn’t mind sharing a bed. Or, was this her way of pretending to be mad just to get me to go crazy? I think so. That has to be it.

I finally rolled over to see Amanda had actually fallen asleep. I listened to her breathing which I love to do and knew I was so lucky to have her in my life. Who else puts up with my crap? Then something happened.

I saw Amanda was asleep still but she placed her hand on her neck, where I had bitten her before and started to moan in her sleep like she was hurt or something. I leaned over and held on to her and placed my head on her shoulder hoping I could fall sleep and appear in her dream to see if it was me she was dreaming of. Sure enough I fell fast asleep.

I see everything like it is real. I don’t see Amanda yet but I know I am in her dream. There is a fog I have to get through and I sense she knows I am here in her dream. I finally see her standing in a white dress with a red ribbon around her neck. How very odd.
She is walking towards me now. But where is the dream me she is dreaming of? I have to know if I am hurting her or not.

“You shouldn’t be here.” Amanda says rubbing her neck in her dream.

Then Amanda turned around and walked away from me. I followed her. There was too much fog. Then I saw her turn towards me. I wasn’t too close to her because I didn’t know what would happen next.

As she stood there waiting a figure approached. It was another vampire. I couldn’t see his face but his presence felt familiar like when I was around Beckett. But this couldn’t be Beckett. I tried to holler at her but my attempts failed. The vampire had her now and put his arms around her.

“No!” I hollered not being able to catch up to her. It seemed as if they were moving backwards far from me. What happened next, I tried to stop but failed. The vampire untied the ribbon around her neck and bent down to bite Amanda. All I could do was to scream, waking myself up from sleep and sitting straight up in bed.

I looked over to Amanda who had done the same. Tears started to form in her eyes as she turned to look over at me. I didn’t know or understand why she was dreaming this. I just knew to hold her. I grabbed her and held her close in my arms letting her cry. At least here she could be safe.