Bite Me

This Dream Of Mine

I woke up knowing Pete had finally seen what I have been dreaming of for awhile now. I must have said something in my sleep for him to get nervous and come in my dream. Pete looked at me with confusion in his eyes. I just started to cry. It was hard to process it all.
Pete grabbed me and held me just letting me cry. I was confused myself. I know this vampire is after me I just can’t see their face. Maybe Pete did. Am I going to die? Is this dream a warning? I was so lost right now and yet the only safe thing in my life right now was just being in Pete’s arms.

“Hey, let it out.” Pete said kissing my head and rubbing his hands through my hair.
I pulled away because I was afraid he would hurt it somehow causing more pain to it. I decided to ask him what all he saw. I needed to know.

“Pete,” I said pulling away, “Did you see that vampire’s face?”
“No, but I couldn’t get to you. Something was holding me back in your dream. You want to tell me what is going on?” Pete said wiping away my tears.

“I am so sorry Pete I haven’t told you this sooner. For the last month I have been having dreams of someone chasing after me. I have managed to somehow get away in most but I never see the vampire’s face. In the most recent ones such as nows, he has me and bites me. I am so scared Pete. That was one reason besides you that I wanted to run away from. Am I going to die by this vampire?” I asked upset.

“I won’t let it happen.” He said pulling me near.

“There’s more, Pete. Brendon and Erelin know and I swore them to secrecy. We were attacked by some vampires at Erelin’s graduation after the ceremony. They knew who I was and that I am the slayer. I tried to make one guy talk but one of Beckett’s guys shot him with an arrow. I don’t know if Beckett is working for this vampire that is in my dreams or not but he could be. Beckett knows who I am.” I said trying to process everything.

“We will find out. I promise. And I also promise that you will stay safe. I won’t let anything happen to you.” Pete said reassuringly.

We both got really calm and quiet until our emotions finally got the better of us and we gave into having sex to release all our tensions. I rolled over on my side afterwards and Pete stroked my back and kissed my neck. I didn’t want to worry but it was my life that was at stake more than usual.

“Pete, I want you to know something.” I said rolling over to face him.

“What’s that?” He asked.

“If I die tomorrow, I want you to know I love you with all my heart. And tell everyone I love them all too.” I said with tears welling up.

“Don’t talk like that.” He said pulling me on to him. I had half of me draped over him and I was lying on his shoulder.

The next thing I remember was Pete whispering some things in my ear causing me to slowly lose consciousness. I did hear him say that he loved me and not to worry, I realized as I tried to stay awake he was making me fall asleep to keep me from worrying so much.

“Pete, I meant it, I…I…love you.” I said drifting back into sleep land.