Bite Me

Boys Will Be Boys

(Pete’s POV)
After I watched Amanda sneak off to the bathroom to take a shower, I just sat there on the bed wondering how lucky I was to have her. I don’t think I have ever felt this close to someone as I have with Amanda. I mean yeah, there was this one girl I used to date before
Amanda and certainly before I became a vampire. But that was all behind me now.

I decided now would be a good time for me to call Erelin’s cell on Amanda’s phone since she had her number. I wanted to tell her to tell everyone that Amanda and I were together and to thank them for all they have done. They sure have put up with a lot of my crap.
I dialed her number and the phone just kept ringing. Finally Erelin picked up. She sounded way too giddy.

“Hello, Erelin?” I said.

“Pete! Oh my goodness how are you? It’s only been two days since we haven’t heard anything from you.” She said scolding me but laughing about it.

“Yeah, about that, I just wanted to call you and thank you for all you guys help if you don’t mind passing that along. I found Amanda actually that night of your party. I made it and had the same flight. She was so surprised.” I said.

“Wait, you didn’t go home and gather clothes or anything? Can we say gross much?” Erelin said. “Brendon what are you doing now?” I heard her yell away from the phone.

“So I hope Bev is there with you since Brendon is still at her and Amanda’s place.” I said.

“Oh, about that, yeah, Brendon and I found a place last night of all things. It was somewhat furnished and we are moving our things slowly. You will have to see it when you get back. Speaking of, where is Amanda at?” Erelin asked laughing for whatever reason. Apparently something was going on over at her new place.

“Amanda is in the shower. We had a long day yesterday and you would be proud of me. I didn’t bite her.” I said seeing if she’d give me a lecture.

“What!” What did you do now, Pete?” Erelin said.

“I didn’t do anything. It was an accident.” I replied. I then explained everything that happened.

“Wow! So I am guessing that you had some night then. She must be exhausted from all the jetlag and dealing with your hand.” Erelin said.

“Well, let’s just say she’s in a very good mood.” I said laughing.

Then I heard Erelin yell again over the phone for Brendon to come out of hiding or something. I think she kept putting her hand over the phone so I wouldn’t hear but I could. Then she dropped the phone.

“Erelin? Erelin are you there?” I asked confused.

“Oh my goodness!” She squealed.

“What?” I asked.

“I um, need to let you go Pete. Tell Amanda t call me later if she can.” Erelin said drifting from the phone.

“Erelin talk to me. What’s going on?” I asked worried.

“Brendon is walking around our place naked. I will tell everyone you called. Later!” She said hanging up.

“Way to go Brendon.” I said smiling to myself.

Amanda walked in from her shower with her hair pulled up in her towel. “Next!” She said getting her make up bag out.

“Wait, what are you grinning for and why do you have my phone out?” She asked.

“Well, I called Erelin to tell her I found you and Brendon gave her a surprise I think she likes.” I said laughing.

“What did he do?” Amanda asked.

“They found a place.” I said.

“Wow that was fast.” She replied sitting down on the bed.

“Yes, but there is more. He surprised her by walking in their new home naked. Hey, he has to break in the place somehow.” I said laughing.

“I bet she loved that! I so need to see their place when we go back.” Amanda said laughing. “I’m sure Erelin will fix it up really nice.” She added.

“Well, I’m off to the shower.” I said kissing Amanda.

“Yeah, you do that, you kind of stink.” She said grinning.

“You better watch it. You know you can’t resist the tickle and besides I thought you liked a dirty boy.” I said acting like I was going to tickle her.

“Hey, I am only kidding and yes I do like a dirty boy, but only if it’s you.” She said smiling. “Ooh, before you go let me see your hand.” She said starting to worry.

We both took off the bandages to check out the damage of my hand. I didn’t feel any pain today. That is always a good sign. The wound was definitely better, almost 90 percent cleared up. It just looked like I had very bad sunburn now.

“See, almost all better.” I said putting Amanda at ease. “It wasn’t your fault this happened.” I said trying to reassure her.

“I know, but still, I could have lost you.” She said.

“You didn’t and you shoved me in the car, remember?” I said stroking her hair.

“Yes I did.” She said all proudly.

“That’s my girl. Now go eat your muffins Jon brought back for you while I shower.” I said.

“Ha-ha, I will but after I fix my hair and apply my make up.” She said.

“Fine, as long as I can borrow your eyeliner.” I said picking up the clothes Jon is letting me borrow and heading towards the bathroom.