Bite Me

Time With Mom

(Pete’s POV)
“Mom, I’m not sick and I don’t have a disease as I have led everyone to believe.” I began to my mom.

“Honey, then what has been going on? You look pale like you have been sick.” My mom said.

“I don’t really know any easy way of saying this so I will just say it.” I said glancing at Amanda for support. She gently rubbed my back to ease my nerves a bit.

“I am a vampire, mom.” I said.

“Pete, come on. Vampires don’t exist. You used to have nightmares and things as a kid but seriously.” She said.

“Mrs. Wentz, it is true. Vampires do exist and I have a bite to prove it.” Amanda said showing her neck.

“How else do you explain the missing people in the world and the funny deaths you hear about on the television, mom. Look, I will show you.” I said showing her my fangs. It was then I saw fear in my mom’s eyes as I think she started to understand but that she may have become afraid of me.

“Pete won’t hurt you or anyone else. He is a good vampire. I know. I am a vampire slayer. I know the good vampires from the bad.” Amanda said trying to reassure my mom I wouldn’t hurt her.

“Mom?” I said stepping towards her. She got up from her seat and stepped back.

“So, you still drink blood and such to survive, right? I mean that’s what vampires do is suck blood.” My mother said. I knew this wouldn’t work.

“Well we good vampires don’t hurt anyone. We or in my case me, get it from hospitals or a butcher. You know this is hard for me to explain mom. It’s just weird and gross right down to it.” I said trying not to scare her anymore than she was.

“There are more of you?” Mom said confused.

“You know Brendon. He’s the only other one we know of so far. And my old friend William Beckett, he’s now my enemy. He is the one who turned us both into vampires.” I said leaning back on the counter again.

“And I always thought that William was a nice boy.” Mom said.

“I want to warn you mom. You may disown me or whatever now and I will leave if you want, but do not go out late at night for anything. Warn Dad, Andrew and Hillary. If you have to be out late always be careful. And don’t let in strangers at night or people you aren’t familiar with. Once a vampire is welcomed into your home they can come in anytime.” I said looking at Amanda.

“Pete,” my mom said walking over to me, “I could never disown you. You are my son and I love you.” Then she hugged me and I started to cry a bit. “You are still you and that is all that matters. Just be careful slaying those bad vampires. I don’t want to lose you to them for good. And I won’t tell anyone you are a vampire. It is a lot to process and take in but I will get used to it.” She said smiling.

I looked over to notice Amanda was gone. I guess she needed to talk to Jon. Or maybe she wanted to let me have a moment with my mother.

“Pete, I am glad you finally came here and that you told me your secret.” Mom said.

“It was Amanda, really. She told me that family was important and that I should come. I admit, Mom, I didn’t want to. I was afraid on how to tell you. She and I have been through so much together. I didn’t want to lose her so I followed her here which was her plan all along to get me to see you guys.” I said.

I then explained everything on how we officially met and how Amanda was a slayer. I told her about Amanda’s mom and how I pushed Amanda away. I basically told her the truth on how I felt about her. I loved Amanda. No, I was in love with Amanda. I also explained all my fears of losing her to my Mom.

“If you really love her as much as you say you do, Pete, don’t let her go. Tell her you love her. Take her out. You can still act normal. You aren’t really, um dead yet. Well you know what I mean.” Mom said.

“I do and you are right. It’s what she has been wanting from me but I have been afraid to give.” I said.

“She seems like a very nice girl, Pete. I like her a lot. I think you may have met your match.” She said laughing. “Speaking of where did she go? Can you find her? I want to tell you guys both something.” Mom said.
“Sure.” I said leaving the kitchen to find Amanda.