Bite Me

A Long Walk Never Hurt Anything

“Hey, Jon, Pete is still talking to his mom. Can we go outside and take a walk?” I asked as I approached Jon.

“Sure. Hey, Mr. Wentz, Amanda and I are going to walk the block if Pete asks.” Jon said.

“Alright, just be careful from the teenybopper fans who like to stake out our place.” Pete’s dad said laughing.

“You got it.” Jon replied. I followed him outside and we started to walk down the street.

“Thanks for walking with me. I needed to get out of there for a bit. My head just needs some fresh air.” I said.

“Hey, no problem. I can see why Brendon and you are good friends. And I see why you and Pete belong together.” Jon said. “You are a kind, strong willed, caring person. I think you handled yourself well in front of Pete’s family.” Jon said as we walked.

“Do you think they like me? I mean it’s been awhile since I have sat down for a family dinner. What if they don’t?” I said nervously.

“I have known Pete for a few years and his family. They are really cool people. I know they like you.” Jon said reassuringly.

Just then my cell phone went off. It was Bev calling me. I guess she was worried about me or just calling for details as we girls love to do.

“Hi, Bev. How are you?” I said laughing.

“I’m good. Uh, I’m just calling for Joe. He wants to know when you are planning on bringing his best friend back.” She replied on the other end of the line.

“Right, I am so sure of that one.” I said giggling. I put my hand over the part I talk in and told Jon what she had said. He laughed as well. “So, Pete is talking to his mom right now. We had a nice family dinner and Jon and I are taking a walk if you would like to pass on that information to everyone.” I said stopping a curb on the street.

“So you two are going ok then?” I heard Joe say snatching the phone away from Bev.

“Hey, you are so going to pay for that!” I heard her say in the background.

“You guys make me laugh so hard. I don’t know how we are doing at this moment, Joe. He was mad at me for bringing him here. He’s with his mom right now explaining things.” I said.

“Oh, wow, ok. Here’s Bev back.” He said after her trying to steal the phone back I could hear in the background.
“So when are you coming home? We miss you.” Bev said.

“I miss you guys too but we have only been gone two days. Jeez, Pete’s birthday is in a few days. So hopefully I can bring him home for you guys to celebrate his birthday if he’s not mad at me.” I said looking down.

“Don’t worry, he won’t be. Well, if you excuse me now I need to explain things to the gang who is now all popping into my work and I must punish Joe.” Bev said.

“Ooh, what kind of punishing?” I said laughing and joking with her.

“Amanda!” She said.

“Goodbye, Bev.” I said hanging up and smiling at Jon.

“Joe was a naughty boy for stealing the phone away from Bev.” I said laughing. That got Jon laughing again because we both new that a) Joe was going to be in the doghouse although not for long, or b) Bev was going to find some way to get him good. We picked plan b.

“You should come out to L.A. after we defeat Beckett sometime. You would love hanging out with us and Brendon too. You still need to meet Erelin.” I said as we started walking again.

“This is very true.” He said.

“Vampire alert!” I said turning towards Jon.

“Where?” He said freaking out. “My stakes are in the car.” He said.

“Relax, it’s only Pete.” I said turning back towards the way we came.

“Don’t do that to me.” Jon said as his face was turning back to his normal color from a scared white color.

“Well, you caught us. What’s my punishment?” I said sticking my hands out like I was being handcuffed and messing with Pete.

“You know…” Pete began before trailing off.

“She had the nerve to scare the shit out of me.” Jon said wanting Pete to do something.

“Wow, that’s not like Amanda.” Pete said rolling his eyes at Jon and laughing. “Rule number one, always come prepared.” Pete said taking out a stake from his back pocket and taunting Jon with it.

“Alright, I got it.” He said grabbing it.

“So, what’s up?” I asked. Things couldn’t be too bad if he told Jon I was his Amanda, right?

“Mom wants to talk to you. Actually she wants to tell us both something.” Pete said wrapping his arm around me.

“Ok?” I said confused and looking at Jon who was laughing at me now. Maybe things were going to be alright, but then again what does his mom have to say to me. Ah, someone help me now and fast.