Bite Me

Accepted

“Your mom hates me and that’s what she wants to tell me.” I said to Pete as we walked back to the house.

“No, my mom doesn’t hate you. Why would you think that? Jon, will you tell my mom we will be right there?” Pete asked as we were standing outside his parents’ house.

“Sure.” Jon said going inside.

“I don’t know. This whole family thing is new to me. The last time I actually sat down with my aunt and cousins for dinner, was a long time ago. I just want you to be happy Pete. I wanted to surprise you with an early birthday present and I know I tricked you into coming here.” I said looking away.

“Hey,” he said pulling my chin back to look at him, “You have nothing to worry about.” “My mom actually told me she likes you. I think she wants me to be happy as well. Amanda, I know I didn’t want to come here but I am glad you did trick me into coming. Mom and I had a long talk. She understands now and I am glad I don’t have to hide this big secret from her anymore.” He said pulling me close.

The stars were out tonight. It was definitely a beautiful night sky. The only other thing that could make this night more perfect would be for Pete to kiss me in the moonlight.

“Thank you.” Pete said leaning in to kiss me. His touch, warm embrace, and kiss made me feel weak in the knees. I am glad we weren’t fighting or mad at each other like I thought we’d be over this.

“Pete, I like your family. They are really nice people.” I said.

“Yeah, and patient cause I certainly have put them through the ringer.” Pete said laughing.

“Well, you wouldn’t be you if you didn’t have patient, loving parents.” I said laughing with Pete.

Pete held my hand and said, “You ready?”

I replied, “Yeah, I think so.”

We walked in the house hand in hand. Poor Jon looked so tired and bored. I think he also was missing his girlfriend. He and Pete’s dad were watching sports highlights on the television.

I followed Pete into the kitchen where Mrs. Wentz came over to me and hugged me. It felt nice. I felt kind of accepted.

“Thank you, Amanda, for bringing Pete home. I know you make Pete happy and I would like to say welcome to the family.” She said smiling.

“Wow, I don’t know what to say.” I said looking over at Pete.

“Well I would like for you two to stay here for as long as you need to and that you are welcome here anytime. I’m sure Jon might want his place back to himself.” Mrs. Wentz said laughing. “Amanda can have the guest room.” She added.

“Thanks, Mom. You left my room the way it was right?” Pete asked.

“Haven’t touched a thing unless to clean. All your clothes you left and such is still here.” She said.

“Let me go tell Jon. He’s going to have to take me to his place so I can get my bag.” I said.

“Great!” Pete’s mom said.

I told Jon that Pete and I were going to stay here now and he didn’t seem to mind much. He drove me over to his place to pick up my bag then back over to Pete’s parents place. Pete’s mom showed me the guest room where I sat my bag down at. Then, Pete gave me the grand tour of the place along with some stories of how he used to sneak out and such when he was younger.

We walked into Pete’s room and talked for awhile. It felt good to feel normal not have to worry about vampires for a day or so. I started to get sleepy and Pete wanted me to stay in his room. I told him no that I didn’t want to make his parents mad at me. I went back into the guest room and put my pajamas on. As I went to turn off the light to crawl into bed, none other than Pete comes barging into my room.