Bite Me

Close to Home

“Pete, look out!” Patrick said moving out of the way.

“Ouch! You shot me!” Pete said checking his wound, lifting his sleeve up. He turned just in time to have an arrow graze his left arm.

“I am so sorry Pete.” I said worried I may have done some damage.

“Yeah it was a total accident. Luckily no one was seriously hurt.” Andy said picking up the arrow where it had landed.

“Me. I was the one seriously hurt.” Pete said grabbing his arm again and walking towards me.

I was the one who shot the arrow. Andy loaded the small crossbow and was showing me how to use it while Pete and Patrick were talking. I was to shoot the target in front of me but when Andy gave me the crossbow, I turned to fast and my finger on my right hand it the trigger too fast and sent the arrow in Pete’s direction.

“Maybe we should hold off on the crossbow until a little later, Andy.” Pete said taking the crossbow out of my hands.

“Pete, I really am sorry.” I said again. “Um, I will bandage it up for you to keep it from bleeding.” I added.

“Fine, follow me to the bathroom upstairs where we keep all or first aid supplies.” He said.

(Patrick's POV)
“Way to go, Andy! Mr., I’m the trained weapons expert.” Joe said laughing. “Pete gave you that, don’t mess with me look. I love it. I guess I’m glad I’m the computer whiz now after all.” Joe said.

“Hey guys, I was thinking. I know…,” I tried to say but got cut off.

“Hey I apologized.” Andy said.

“Uh-huh. Your mind was on Amanda. She hooked you now that you know she likes comic books too. You got distracted. Admit it.” Joe said.

“Not true, man. She’s a nice gal but it’s obvious she likes Pete.” Andy fired back.

“Hey knock it off!” I said stepping in front of the guys. “Now as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted. I was thinking that Amanda should join our group. It would be nice and maybe she could help curb Pete’s anger at times.” I finished.

“Sure I’m for it. But what about her friend, um , Bev I think was her name.” Joe said.

“Hah! I knew you have a thing for Amanda’s friend.” Andy said.

“I quit. I give with you two.” I said sitting on the couch.

(Amanda's POV)
“Here are the bandages.” Pete said grabbing them out of the medicine cabinet. “But it’s going to heal anyway, remember?” He added.

“Yes, but I want to feel helpful. I did hurt you and you did act like a big baby about it.” I said. Then he proceeded to take his shirt off. Oh he likes to play with my mind. I like this feeling I have towards him.

“Big baby? Whatever, you shot me.” Pete said rolling his eyes.

“I grazed you. There was a difference and I said I was sorry. What more do you want?” I responded.

“You have a lousy shot. If you were trying to hit my heart, you missed by the way.” He said smiling.

“Ha-ha, very funny.” I said tightening his bandage on purpose for that.

“Hey!” He said.

“It’s what you get. But it is nice to see you smiling Pete. You should smile more often. It’s beautiful.” I said kind of blushing.

“You have one too.” He said reaching for my chin. “Your smile lights me up inside.” He said leaning into me closer.

“Really, I…,” I said trying to get out but he cut me off. He grazed my lips with his and then pulled me into a long passionate kiss.