Bite Me

The Good News Is...

(Pete’s POV)
I couldn’t stand not being with her another second. I decided to barge in her room and I would tell her I am ready for the whole package in a relationship. Mom didn’t need to know I came in here.
“Pete!” Amanda said. “I’m trying to go to sleep. I don’t want to end up on someone’s bad side because you couldn’t follow the rules.” She said.
“You won’t, trust me. I will be the one yelled at.” I said pulling her to the bed.
She started whopping me with a pillow from the bed. I held her down and started to tickle her again until she couldn’t breathe. I finally let her go on her promise to not whack me again.
“Seriously, Pete, I am tired. Did you need something?” She asked staring at me with her beautiful blue eyes of hers. I know she hates her eye color but I love it. She wanted to have green eyes like her mother she told me once. An Irish girl has red hair and green eyes, not blue eyes she told me as well. I just love all of her, I didn’t care.
“Amanda, before you go to sleep, I need to tell you something.” I said watching her crawl under the covers.
“What’s that?” She asked.
“I love you. I am ready to commit. I want to go out and take you places and show you off to the world.” I said smiling.
“Oh, is that so? Why now?” She asked me.
“I thought that you would be happy but if your not…” I said before getting cut off.
“Oh, Pete, I am happy!” She exclaimed hugging me.
“Wait there’s more. I want to take you to this really neat club I have been a DJ before.” I said pulling her hair back behind her ear.
“Really?” She asked all excited.
“I want to take you out to dinner first then to the club on an actual date tomorrow night.” I tried to get out.
“Yay, I’m finally going on a date!” Amanda said all excited.
“I am bringing Jon along though if you don’t mind to thank him for all he has done for us too.” I added.
“I don’t mind as long as we can go out on a date. I mean you are serious. You won’t back out?” Amanda asked.
“Me, back out?” I said.
“You better not.” She said hitting me again with a pillow.
“Ok, that does it! I said pouncing on her and tickling her.
I stopped to gaze in her eyes. When she was happy, I was happy. She always had a glow to her when she was happy around me.
I started to kiss her neck from all the excitement but stopped. I was starting to get too happy. I didn’t want to hurt her.
“Pete?” She asked.
“Yes?” I replied getting up and turning off the light.
“Will you lay with me until I fall asleep?” She asked.
“I can do better. I can stay until you wake up. I don’t have to leave anywhere because of the sun.” I said kissing her forehead then her lips.
I crawled under the covers finally and she let me lay on her shoulder this time. I wrapped my arm around her and listened to her breathe. I placed my head on her chest gently to hear her heartbeat for a few minutes then we both quickly fell asleep.