Bite Me

Prom Night

I was back at my prom again. I could see myself dancing with Bev and some other friends as I looked around. I remembered we were mad that the DJ didn’t have Prince’s 1999 song. I mean after all it was our year to graduate and that was our song.
I watched all the happy couples dance when it came time to dance to the sappy love songs. I saw myself head for me and Bev’s table we picked out. Her date of course met her on the dance floor. Something wasn’t right here.
This was my dream but I was reliving a memory. Everything else has always been fuzzy. Am I now suddenly remembering what happened this night?
I watched myself sit at the table alone but I saw me look around with a familiar feeling I was being watched as I have felt in the past when someone watches from afar. This can’t be. I don’t remember this. Then I watched myself fall out of my chair and onto the floor grabbing my stomach in pain. I felt it too and grabbed my stomach.
Yes, I remember this now slowly; it is all coming back to me. Brendon told me a traumatic event had to trigger me being the slayer. The other slayer before me died and I became the slayer on my prom night. I walked over to myself only to see me look over as those gang members I was told I fought off crashed in through the ballroom windows. These weren’t gang members I fought. They were vampires.
I watched myself grab Bev and shove her down to the floor seeing the chaos going on around us. I had told her to grab everyone she had around her and run through the emergency side exit. I just took charge like I knew what I was doing; like I knew what my abilities were. I made sure she got out safely with everyone who could follow her. By the time I had taken out several vampires that watching feeling took over me. I saw myself turn to look at a figure that now was becoming far away from me. I was being woken up and I didn’t want to wake up. I wanted to know who was there helping me at my prom.
“No!” I cried as I was woken up by Pete.