Bite Me

French Toast

“How could you?” I said sitting up in bed. “Why did you wake me?” I asked.
“Um, Mom made you some breakfast downstairs and she went out and got me some of my stuff. She just wanted to know if you were up yet and so I decided to wake you. And you were mumbling in your sleep.” Pete said. “I’m sorry.” He said getting up off the bed.
“Pete, don’t go.” I said grabbing his arm. “I’m the one who’s sorry. I shouldn’t have snapped.” I said apologizing.
“Hey, it is alright. I hope you were dreaming something good like, mainly me.” He said trying to get a laugh out of me.
“Hmm, no but it would have been nice.” I said smiling at the thought of dreaming about him.
“I brought you this.” He said handing me one of his hoodies to put on over my pajama top.
“Thanks.” I said getting up and putting it on. It smelt like him and his cologne he wore. I loved it.
“So you want to tell me what you dreamed that you didn’t want to wake up for.” Pete said concerned.
I told him everything I had dreamed. It was a buried memory with more dying to come out. I just couldn’t see who the figure was yet in this memory but I would eventually. I had to. I had to know why everything is so fuzzy from back then.
“So, Pete you are quiet.” I said.
“You didn’t get to see this figure’s face?” He asked.
“I told you not yet.” I said confused as to why he would ask me that. “You woke me up.” I added.
“Oh, that’s right.” He said looking away from me.
“Pete, what’s wrong. Do you know something I don’t?” I asked.
No, everything is fine. I’m glad you remember when you became a slayer now is all.” He said smiling. But I knew better. Something was up with Pete.
“Come on.” He said grabbing my hand. “Your breakfast is getting cold. I had Mom make you my old favorite.” He said.
“What is that?” I asked.
“It is her world famous French Toast.” He said grinning.