Bite Me

So Many Questions, So Little Time

Everything came rushing back all at once. Well almost everything. The memories that were fuzzy from my prom and such didn’t come flooding back like I wanted to. But I saw my mom. I remembered so many good memories with her. I saw her die at the hands of the vampire I so wanted to find and kill as I used to dream. I still cannot see his face but I will. What I did see was the one person who saved my life that night whether I wanted to or not. And suddenly it was all clear. I needed to go home, back to the one place I needed to see again. I needed to revisit the place where my mom died to find closure and to see the one person who has protected me all these years. I needed to ask so many questions. I see his face so clearly now and I am not afraid.
I woke up to find I was on a bed in Pete’s room. I saw Pete hadn’t noticed me wake up yet as he was furiously writing in a notebook of sorts on his other bed, his back turned away from me. I felt my throbbing head to find a bandage. I remember I was thrown by a vampire who dressed but wasn’t associated with the Dandies, into a car windshield. This was becoming so weird.
Who is after me? Is this vampire who is using others to find me, the one in my dreams, I am looking for? How do they even know who I am? The only person I know who can help me is the one from my dreams and Beckett of sorts. Beckett found out I was the slayer when I saved Erelin and Brendon. He had to have blabbed to this vampire that is after me.
“Pete?” I said slowly reaching over to touch his back.
“Hey, don’t strain yourself.” He said with hurt in his eyes.
“Where is Jon?” I asked. “Is he alright?” I added.
“We beat the vampires that surrounded that leader one, but he of course got away after he…hurt you.” Pete said laying his notebook down. “Jon dropped us off here and left after we knew you would be alright. Mom got some bandages but didn’t ask questions. I think she was worried now that she sees what we do.” Pete added.
“I will be ok. How bad is it?” I asked feeling this huge bandage above my right eye.
“It was a big, deep, cut. You hit the windshield hard shattering part of it.” Pete said. “Amanda, I…I’m sorry. This is my entire fault. If I had just told you about Jeanae before, than none of this would have happened and I should have stopped her from approaching me but I didn’t. That kiss you saw didn’t mean anything. She was the one who grabbed me and kissed me. I never returned it nor did I want to. I was just about to break away and tell her I had you but you had already barged over to us.” Pete said upset at himself.
“Pete. It hurt me.” I said.
“I know how you feel. When you were with Jason and I had seen you guys kiss, I wanted to die. It felt like the good part of me had been ripped out.” Pete said sitting on the end of my bed now.
“Promise me no more lies or secrets between us.” I said leaning over and gently placing my head against his.
“I promise. Amanda, you are not her and I am so glad to have found you. You would never hurt anyone as much as she had hurt me before.” Pete said.
I let him rant about her. I felt it was something that we needed to address and get past and something that he needed to get off his chest for us to be together. Now I understood why he was always so drawn away at times. He was not wanting to hurt me but leery of his own heart being broken again.
“I take it she cheated on you.” I said. I knew this already from Brendon but I needed to hear it from Pete.
“Yeah, and I am not saying I deserved it but I did hurt her a lot too. But no one should ever have to go through that. Are we together again?” Pete asked.
“Yes as long as you don’t break your promise.” I replied. We started kissing when Pete’s mom knocked and came in.
“Are you feeling better dear?” She said.
“Yes. I heal fast if Pete didn’t tell you. It comes with the slayer package. Thank you for asking.” I said getting up to give her a hug. “I’m afraid that I can’t stay much longer.” I said looking at her, then turning towards Pete.
“Wait, why?” Pete asked jumping up off the bed.
“I need to get to the airport fast. I just remembered some things about my past while I was out that I need to confirm that cannot wait. Whoever is after me may be a threat to our friends Pete and I can’t let that happen. I will explain when I get back. I promise.” I said kissing Pete on the cheek.
Pete’s mom gave Pete a nod trying to get him to follow me. I think she was worried about me as well. I hated to leave but it’s something I need to do.
“I’m coming with you! You may be in danger where you are planning on going. If these vampires found out you were here, then I am sure they will be waiting for you there as well. Just where are we going?” Pete asked getting a bag out and starting to throw some clothes in it.
“We are going back to where I was born, Louisville, Kentucky.” I said.