Bite Me

Search For Answers Begins

Pete’s mom drove us to the airport and we were able to get a flight that was leaving soon. Pete and I both knew we would have to get a room once we were in Kentucky because we would only have a few hours until sunrise once we landed. It wouldn’t be enough time to search and look for clues. That and Louisville is an hour ahead of Chicago time.
Once our flight arrived in Louisville, we asked where a good hotel was to stay at. We took a cab and got us a room at a place not too far from the airport. I vaguely remembered the hotel but I knew it had always sat in front of an arena used for concerts and shows. I remembered my mother taking me to see an ice skating show there.
Once we were settled into our room, I felt the need to take a walk. I needed to clear my head of all my thoughts. I think Pete could sense I was nervous about something.
“Hey, you haven’t spoken much since we left Chicago. Are you alright?” Pete asked grabbing the ice bucket. I guess he thought I might need some ice water or something.
“Yeah, I’m just ready to search for answers.” I replied.
“I’m going to go get some ice for you.” He said leaving our room. It was a nice big room we were in. We even had a balcony that overlooked the arena. I think they called it Freedom Hall.
Pete came back in and sat down on the bed beside me. I knew he loved me and didn’t want to see anything happen to me. I think he thought I may be walking into a trap of some sorts.
“Pete let’s go see if there is a store around here for you to get something to eat.” I said.
“I’m fine.” He said. “What’s bugging you? You want to tell me why we are here exactly?” Pete said concerned for me.
“While I was out, Pete, my memories of what happened to my mom came back to me. I remember who saved me from the monster that killed my mom. I am hoping to find him here.” I said all cheerful.
“And how are we to do that?” He asked me pulling me close and kissing my neck.
“We are going to visit the spot where my mom was killed.” I said pulling away.
“You do realize that the vampires that are after you may be there too. Amanda, I don’t want anything to happen to you.” Pete said concerned.
“I know you are worried. That’s why you are here with me now instead of with your mom. Pete, I need to know everything about my life I can’t remember. But most of all if I find out who killed my mom, then I am one step closer to finding her killer and knowing who’s after me. Tomorrow night I will know something one way or another.” I said reassuring Pete with a kiss.
“Well, I am with you no matter what happens.” Pete said laying down on the bed.
“Hmm, I’m glad you see it my way.” I said turning off the light and getting ready for bed.