Bite Me

You Can't Save Her

(Pete’s POV)
I awoke with Amanda not by my side. I got up to find the room empty except for me but a note left on the table in the room. I looked at the alarm clock on the nightstand to see it was almost ten am. I got a little worried hoping she decided not to take off without me and wanting to think she stepped out for some warm sunshine and fresh air.
I picked up the note and read it to find that she was going out for a few to bring me some blood for today and to talk to some people from around here. That made my heart, feel better. I hated not being able to walk with her in the daylight. There were some things I missed such as this, all from this vampire I have become. I don’t like giving in to it but I have to in order to stay alive.
My mind wandered endlessly. I want Amanda to learn what has been taken away from her and I want her to find justice in finding her mom’s killer. After all, I can relate in a way in how I want to see Beckett dead. I know he is involved in this somehow. He has to be connected to whoever is after Amanda. And I am afraid who is after her is the one responsible for her mom’s death. I don’t want to see what happened to her mom happen to her. I will do everything to protect her even if it means something may happen to me. I love her too much and don’t want her to end up like me.
I know she would do anything for me and I am sure she would probably let me turn her if I gave in to my cravings of her. But I can’t do that. I am a fighter and I will not let myself to that to her just to be together. Besides if I turned her there would be no guarantee she would have her soul. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I turned her and had to kill her for being bad.
Why am I thinking these things? Am I so afraid of what may happen? I think I am more afraid of her finding out that Nick is still around. I promised her no more secrets, and no more lies. And I have certainly been keeping a whammy from her.
I decided to get on my sidekick and decided to leave some journal entries for the fans, mainly to just make myself feel better. Before I had knew it I had drifted off to sleep.
I had some dreams of the figure that was after Amanda. Each dream was different, but the last one I had before I woke up, echoed in my head. I woke up shaking from it. This vampire’s presence feels so familiar to me yet I am not able to see his face but I know his voice. I can’t place it but I have heard it before, but where? His words haunted me. He said, “You can’t save her and she will be mine before long.”
I looked over at the clock to see it said five pm. Sunset would be in a few hours and yet Amanda was no where to be found. Did she leave me here?
Just then I heard the door open and saw Amanda walk in with a brown bag. I ran over to her and hugged her, almost dropping the bag out of her hands. “Where have you been? I’ve been worried.” I said to her.
“Pete, you are shaking and sweating. Are you going through a withdrawal again? Here, I picked you up some blood.” She said handing me the bag.
“No. No withdrawal but I had a bad dream but everything is fine now that you are back.” I said grabbing her again. I just wanted to hold her in my arms and not let go. I wanted time to stand still and stay in this moment forever.
“Pete, you are squeezing me to where I can’t breathe.” She said pushing me away.
“Sorry.” I said. I ate my dinner and watched Amanda pace anxiously. “So you want to tell me where you have been all this time when your note said you would be back shortly?” I asked.
“I was at that amusement park over there behind the arena. It wasn’t as big when my mom took me to it. I wanted to visit. I rode some things I rode with her. I was a tall six year old. I was always taller than my classmates growing up and my mom taught me how to put my heels up on my shoes so I could ride the roller coasters and such. I just had a nostalgic memory and wanted to relive it. I didn’t mean to worry you.” Amanda said kissing my cheek.
We chatted a bit more on where she had gone and the time finally came for us to leave. We grabbed some stakes she went out and bought and tucked them away. Then we headed out the door hand in hand to catch a taxi to take us to our next destination in her search, to an abandoned theatre downtown in the city.