Bite Me

Close But No Cigar

Everything felt so right. We were beginning to make out. I wanted him and he wanted me at that moment. It was unexplainable how we were so drawn to each other. Then without warning he started to suck on my bottom lip and he bit it.

“Ow!” I said pulling back a bit from Pete.

“I’m so sorry.” He said grabbing his shirt and pulling away from me.

“Pete it was an accident. My lip will be fine.” I said. Pete now had his back to me.

“No it’s not fine. I may have bit your lip, but I bit you. I made your lip bleed. What if I had bit your neck?” He asked putting on his shirt.

“So what if you did.” I responded. It wouldn’t have bothered me. I wanted to be with Pete at that moment. And I wouldn’t have to worry about Mike calling for me.

“Don’t say that. You don’t want me to bite you, because if I do, I might not be able to stop. And I couldn’t live with myself hurting you.” Pete said still turned away from me.

“Pete, look at me.” I said grabbing his arm.

“No. You should go back downstairs.” He firmly said.

“Not until you turn around to me.” I replied. Did he think I would be afraid of him? It’s not like he hasn’t shown me his fangs before and granted I was afraid then, but that was because of the situation. This is different.

“Fine!” He said turning around and grabbing me. “Is this what you want to see?” Pete said.

I wasn’t afraid. I saw his fangs and the hurt look on his face. I simply hugged him and said, “Whatever our feelings are towards each other Pete, I’m not afraid of you. I don’t understand this attraction we have but I’m not complaining. Don’t shut me out because of one incident.” Then I tried to kiss him and he pulled away running downstairs.

Pete was already in the kitchen when I had made it downstairs. I sat on one of the steps just watching him. I wanted to be with him. I knew he felt the same or he wouldn’t have kissed me to begin with. Everything was so weird and happening so fast. I hadn’t been in L.A. almost a week yet and I get bitten, and meet a very handsome, mysterious guy who happens to be in a very popular band. I was just trying to figure things out.

“Amanda, is everything alright?” Patrick asked standing beside the steps.

“Sure, everything’s peachy.” I said sarcastically. “What’s he doing?” I asked.

“He’s making a drink that curbs his cravings. I had Andy help me research it on the computer and I made it for him. It worked so he learned to make it and drinks it when he gets cravings or before we go into battle. Um, you might not want to watch him for very long because afterwards he will be drinking some blood to last him through the night.” Patrick said.

“Oh.” I said still looking at Pete.

“Hey, Amanda you want to learn how to throw daggers?” Andy asked.

“Wow you really know how to impress a girl. Sure.” I said getting up.

(Pete's POV)
I finished drinking my special drink and walked over to Patrick who was standing next to the steps. “Why are you looking at me that way for?” I asked.

“Oh I don’t know. I just get the feeling something happened between you two in the bathroom. I saw you run down and make your drink. Then I see Amanda come down like she’s dejected or something. I saw her watch you.” Patrick said concerned.

“Don’t worry about it. I can handle it. It won’t happen again as much as I’d like it to.” I said. Whoops I said a little too much. Please no lecture Patrick, I’m not in the mood.

“What happened?” Patrick asked. He was not going to give until I just told him what happened. I guess that’s why I trusted him so much to reason with me

“Amanda and I kissed. We started to make out and I bit her on the lip. But it could have been worse. What if I bit her on the neck?” I told him.

“So you freaked. How did she feel?” He asked.

“She was fine. She wanted to see my face. I was so terrified. I don’t want to hurt her but I don’t want to lose her either. Patrick she just does something to my soul. I’ve never felt this strongly towards anyone yet I, I don’t know. It’s all so sudden you know.” I said looking at Amanda.

“Well, then you shouldn’t run from your problems. Just talk to her. I see it in your eyes and I see it in her eyes. There is something there, Pete. Don’t screw this up like your last relationship.” Patrick said. He always makes the most sense to me.

“I can’t believe Andy is actually letting her throw knives. Everybody run.” I said jokingly to Patrick.

“They aren’t knives. They are daggers and wait is he throwing them at her?” Patrick asked shocked.