Bite Me

Please Don't Go Because Of Me

(Pete’s POV)
“Amanda, wait, here me out.” I said grabbing her arm.
“Why, so you can tell me more lies or secrets you have kept from me? You are just worried I am going to run off with Nick aren’t you?” She fired at me.
“No. I love you. That is never going to change. I thought that if I told you, you would run off to Nick. I mean we hadn’t known each other long and I was attracted to you. I didn’t want you to leave yet. I know it was selfish but at the time I was scared.” I said pouring my heart out.
“Well, it looks like what you are afraid of may happen because I am going to see Nick.” She said shrugging me off her arm.
“Amanda, don’t do this. Let’s not say hurtful things we will regret.” I said sitting on the bed.
“Pete, I trusted you. I guess you couldn’t trust me. I gave you all of me.” She said hurt.
“I’m sorry.” I said trying to pull her on my lap to talk face to face but it didn’t work.
“Sorry isn’t good enough. I love you but now things have changed. I’m leaving Pete.” She said grabbing her bag.
“What can I do to fix this? Tell me.” I said standing in front of the door to block her.
“There isn’t anything you can do. I need to figure things out. I need to see Nick and face my past. What I thought I lost was here all along.” Amanda said.
“Amanda there is one thing I need to tell you.” I said. I couldn’t find the right words to say to get her to stay.
“What another secret?” She said sarcastically.
“No. Chris is your dad.” I said. “He wanted me not to tell but I told him I wouldn’t keep anything else from you.” I said watching her sit on the bed in shock.
I walked over and sat beside her. I explained everything. I wasn’t sure how she would react because she just sat there in silence.
“Chris is my dad and he never told me. I have gone this long not knowing and he just up and leaves me again?” She said with tears forming in her eyes. I wanted to hold her but I knew she wouldn’t let me.
“What kind of father leaves their daughter? He’s not my father. I don’t have one. I’ve gone on long enough without one. My family is my friends. Tell them I’m sorry Pete.” She said getting up.
“You are still leaving me?” I asked watching the tears fall. I couldn’t take it I grabbed her and held her. She didn’t push me away.
“Don’t follow me this time, Pete. It is six am. The sun will be up shortly. Just let me go.” She said still clinging to me.
“I don’t want to.” I said holding tighter.
“I have to. Everything has changed. I love you but I need to see Nick. I need to know if my feelings for him are real. I still love him too. I never stopped, just buried them.” She said looking in my hurt eyes. Then she grabbed her bag again, kissed my cheek and left.
That was it. My world was over. I couldn’t get her to stay and I cant chase after her the sun would get me. My only option was to call Patrick.
I frantically called him. I knew in L.A. it was 3 am. He had to help me get her back. I was not going to let her get away from me that easily after everything we have been through.
“Patrick! Patrick, I need your help.” I said anxiously on the phone.
“Pete, do you know it is 3 am?” Patrick asked on the other end.