Bite Me

Poor Patrick

(Patrick’s POV)
“It’s ok, baby, its Pete calling.” I said trying to get Sam to fall back asleep. I had to move her off my shoulder to answer the phone beside me.
“Patrick! Patrick, I need your help.” I heard Pete say as I answered my phone.
“Pete, do you know its 3 am?” I asked tired and upset as to why he was calling.
“I’ve screwed up really bad and I need you stat here in Kentucky to meet me. I need you to help me get Amanda back. She went off to Florida and I couldn’t stop her.” Pete was rambling on a mile a minute.
“Jeez, slow down, Pete.” I said trying to take in what he was saying.
“Is Amanda alright?” I heard Sam ask.
“Great, Pete, you woke up Sam.” I said turning to her.
“Sam? Oh, yeah, I’m sorry but this is important.” Pete said.
“Pete everything is important to you.” I said sarcastically. “Honey, I will explain later go back to sleep until I get off the phone, okay?” I said kissing Sam’s forehead.
“Okay.” Sam said rolling over on the couch.
“You interrupted Sam and mine’s nap time.” I yelled at Pete. “We were watching a movie and fell asleep all warm, cozy, and comfortable.” I snapped at Pete. I was a little agitated at how he always seems to screw up with Amanda. We helped them get back together for what; him to screw even that up.
“Look I have a lot to tell you. Will you help me or not?” Pete said on the other line.
“Fine. What do I have to do?” I asked scared to know.
“You need to catch the first flight out to Louisville, Kentucky and then we need to fly to Tampa, Florida where she took off to find Nick.” Pete said.
“Whoa, Nick?” I asked.
“Later, just call Bev. I need info and pronto.” He said frustrated.
“Wait I don’t think Bev would like me calling her a little after 3 am.” I replied.
“Patrick, please, Amanda could be in danger too.” He added. Then he gave me his location and how to find him and hung up.
“So is everything alright with one of my best friends?” Sam rolled back over and asked.
“I have to call Bev and wake her up. Pete needs to know how to find Amanda and I don’t think she is going to be happy. Then I have to board a plane to pick up Pete, and then take off to Florida to find Amanda. It is a long story one I don’t know all the details myself but I will call you as soon as I know what is going on, alright?” I asked Sam.
“You better.” She said sitting up and kissing me.
“I will drop you off at your place on my way to the airport. Right now I need to go pack a bag.” I said leaving Sam to try and get some more rest.
I just hoped Bev wouldn’t get to mad at me for calling and doing Pete’s dirty work. Darn him for ruining my fun. I finally meet and fall for a nice girl and he goes and screws up with Amanda, in turn screwing with my new relationship. Man Erelin and Brendon are so going to rip Pete a new one if he doesn’t fix things.