Bite Me

To Clear My Head

“Mommy, I missed you!” Alexandra said running up to me.
“Oh, I missed you too, Alex.” I said picking her up.
“Look what I made you in kindergarten today.” She said holding up a picture.
“I see. Here’s me, and you and…” I began to say.
“Daddy’s here!” She said pointing.
I turned around to see a figure approaching.
“Miss? Miss, you should fasten your seatbelt. The plane is about to land in Tampa now.” A flight attendant said waking me up.
“Oh, ok.” I said groggily. I fastened my seatbelt and looked at my watch. It was now 11 am.
What a dream I had. Imagine that. It was a nice dream while it lasted. It will never come true and so just a dream. I can’t have kids. Who am I kidding? Pete’s a vampire and well lets face it I may be dead soon. But seeing me a few years older with a daughter was nice. Alexandra of all things; that was a name I picked when Bev and I were in high school naming names we would name our kids. I wanted a little Alex running around.
I wonder if I would have seen who my mystery daddy was if I hadn’t been woken up from sleep. Well, I can’t dwell on that now. I have more important things to think about.
Once the plane landed and I got my bag, I proceeded to the car rental places and rented a car since mine was in L.A. I drove to my apartment I still kept here in Tampa to find my landlady, Mrs. Jennings planting some flowers out front.
“Hello, Mrs. Jennings.” I said approaching her.
“Why you are back dear.” She said getting up and giving me a hug. “I watched your place. No intruders.” She said.
“Thank you. I don’t know if I will be here permanent or not yet.” I replied. She has always been so kind to me.
“Whatever you decide is fine with me. You have your apartment paid until next year.” She said laughing.
“Yeah, I guess I do.” I said getting into my apartment.
Mrs. Jennings had come in to clean my place every now and then and to check things. Most everything was in place as I sat my bag down and looked around. I decided that the best therapy to clear my head and think of how I wanted to approach Nick, would be to head over to Clearwater Beach.
I got my bathing suit out of my dresser and put it on slipping a t-shirt and shorts on over it. How I missed my beach. It was the only thing here I remembered that I missed from this place as I was in L.A. I thought Nick was dead. The beach was my only comfort to clear my head and to lie out under the stars at night. Something about the sounds of the ocean waves crashing echoed in me.
So I grabbed my blanket, beach towel and some water and drove to the beach. On my way there my mind raced. My heart felt so torn. I loved Pete and I was angry with him for hurting me by keeping Nick a secret but I loved Nick too and he hurts me now by keeping himself from me. Can I really be in love with two people or do I have to choose? If I choose one I know I will only end up hurting the other one. My feelings for Nick are so confusing. I guess I will find out if our chemistry is still there, later tonight.