Bite Me

Postcards From The Beach

I checked my watch to see that it was four pm. I had swam and laid out enough. I loved this place but I now needed to dry off and head back to my apartment. I needed to shower and find something to wear for tonight. I think I have decided to try Nick’s house first. Well, Brian’s house now I guess I should say.
I can’t believe Brian had the nerve to call me all these years and not tell me Nick was alive. I know he knew. Nick had to tell someone. And that explains why Brian checked up on me all the time. It was to tell Nick where I was or how I was doing. All those feelings I had of being watched. Nick has to live there because it was his home. No wonder why Brian bought it.
I got my blanket off the sand and my lotion bag and headed to my car. I pulled my cell phone out of the bag to see that Erelin must have called me when I was in the ocean. I got in my car and drove off towards Tampa calling my cell to see what Erelin wanted.
“Erelin? Hey, sorry I…” I tried to get out.
“Amanda, you ought to be ashamed of yourself!” Erelin screamed in my ear. She was so loud I almost dropped the phone as I was driving.
“You are in Florida. How could you leave Pete like that?” Erelin asked mad.
“Erelin I had to. I found out Pete had kept Nick being a vampire like him away from me among other things. I have to know about my past. My feelings for him came rushing back. It is hard to explain. I don’t expect you to understand but I will fill you in when I figure out what I want to do.” I explained.
“Pete screwed up. But he loves you. Amanda you guys have been through so much. How can you just leave him like that? Especially after we helped you get him to Chicago.” Erelin said disappointed.
“I know. That is why it is so hard. I love him too. But Nick was my first love and had he not been taken away from me and I knew how he was sooner, Nick and I may have still been together. I didn’t want to hurt Nick but he lied to me. We promised no more secrets and no more lies.” I replied.
“What if he had told you before? Would you have stayed with him or taken off? He was scared you would leave like you have now.” Erelin said.
“So I guess he has called you.” I said.
“Well, he called Patrick and he told us.” She said. I couldn’t tell if she was hiding something from me or not.
“I see. Erelin I am sorry. I need to know why Nick chose to stay away from me besides my Dad telling him not to.” I said driving.
“What, your Dad?” Erelin asked confused.
“Yes it is a long story. Listen I am driving back to my apartment. Tell everyone I love them and I will call soon and explain everything. I promise.” I said starting to miss everyone.
“Ok, and oh Andy got himself a girl.” Erelin said excited for a change.
“Really? Who is she?” I asked.
“We don’t know yet. Patrick saw them sleeping in Andy’s room as he walked by. Joe is heading over to find out. And Sam knows all about you guys. Andy saved her from a vampire a few nights ago.” Erelin said.
“Wow. How did she take it?” I asked.
“Well, good I guess. She told him he was her hero and they have been closer than ever.” She said laughing.
“I see. Well I am happy for them and for Andy.” I said laughing.
“I really want to know too. Oh I better let you go and someone is beeping in on my phone. Now who else could be calling me?” She asked confused.
“I don’t know but you better switch over. Bye, Erelin.” I said hanging up.
I pulled into my apartment complex and hurried out of the car. I ran to my room and started throwing clothes out of my closet that I had left. Surely I had to have something to make Nick jealous in here. Ah, perfect. I found my fake black leather pants I had here and a blue and black sparkly tank top. I grabbed my black boots from my bag I brought and was set. Now a nice hot shower and I will be all set.