Bite Me

Sneaking In Is Half The Fun

I drove over to Brian’s house and pulled into his driveway. Nick’s mom’s house was a huge bi-level with a basement. I always wondered why Brian moved into this big house and now I know.
I got out of my car and walked up to the front door. I didn’t feel a vampire presence which meant they were out. Plus the lights were out. It has never stopped me from sneaking in before when I want something. I walked over to the back of the house.
Nick used to keep a key under a fake rock back here somewhere. I took a long look in the backyard remembering how Nick and I used to goof off back here and sneak in the house sometimes. We were always out here talking on the swing or him trying to get me to play football with him. He always lost. I was too fast of a runner for him and he was a basketball player. He was taller than me and should have caught me. Those were the good days.
I found the rock with the key inside and opened the back door cautiously just in case someone was in the house. I turned on the light over the stove so I could see. I looked in the house everywhere. I liked what Brian and Nick had done with the place. It needed a girl’s touch though just a bit. I walked in the hallway to where Nick’s room was on the first floor.
I opened the door to find his room was exactly the same as it was before he died. Wow. I walked in to see pictures of him and me together. I grabbed his prom picture of us and sat on the bed. I started to cry a bit getting a bit nostalgic.
I finally got up and sat the picture back down on his dresser. I saw that he couldn’t sleep here anymore so where did he sleep now? I wandered upstairs and then went down to the basement.
There was a workout room and the laundry room and a bedroom. I didn’t remember there being a bedroom down here. Actually Nick and I hung out down here a lot when we were together. The workout room was an entertainment room. It had a television, dvd player, pool table, and all Nick’s game systems. There was a nice couch we used to snuggle on. So much has changed.
I walked into the bedroom and flipped on a light. The small basement window was covered so no sunlight was let in. This is where he sleeps now. I saw a mini fridge and opened it to see it stocked with blood packets. I quickly shut it. His bed was a double and the room was white with black sheets on his bed. He needs to start living like the living. I started to walk out when I noticed he had a picture of me on his floor. It was a recent one. You could tell I was with someone but they weren’t there. I am guessing it was from one of Chris’s spies who took the picture and then sent it to Nick.
I am guessing I was with Pete because vampires don’t show up in pictures and mirrors and I was smiling. I was happy with Pete here apparently. Then I looked down to see a picture of Pete from an old magazine with his face marked out. I guess Nick does know I was with Pete after all. Someone got jealous.
It is Nick’s own fault. He could have told me he was alive and I would have understood. But then I never would have met Pete. Why am I doing this to myself again? I sat the photos back to where they were, locked up, put the key back and left.
My heart and mind raced. The next stop to head to was Brian’s club he owned. He was bartender and an owner of the club called Oasis. I used to hang out there a lot before I moved to L.A. That is how Nick could watch me I bet. I drove carefully but fast. I was so anxious to confront Nick and Brian and to surprise them that I am back in town.