Bite Me

Nick and I

“Nick I need to ask you a question.” I said as we pulled into Nick’s driveway.
“What’s that?” He asked.
“Natasha told me to ask you why you haven’t killed her and I want to know why you haven’t. You have had plenty of years to do so.” I asked upset.
“I have tried. You can ask Brian. She somehow manages to get away from me.” Nick said.
“Well she is on my list. That is for sure.” I replied.
“You shouldn’t have told her you were the slayer. It wasn’t safe for you to be here and now it may be worse.” Nick said concerned.
“Ah don’t fret. I can take her and besides I already know some big vampire dude is after me and Beckett back home works for him in some way.” I replied as Nick unlocked the back door for us to come in. “What’s a few more to add to the list.” I said joking.
“This is serious. You have had dreams?” Nick asked.
“Yeah, all the time. I kind of have accepted my fate.” I replied.
“Don’t talk like that.” Nick said.
“Now you are talking like Pete.” I replied. “I snuck in here earlier. You left your key in the rock outside. I remembered and came in looking for clues.” I said.
“Amanda, that was illegal of you.” Nick said.
“Well, I am on a mission. I just was hoping to find something to spark my memory before I found you.” I said.
“Did it?” He asked.
“No, but I know you know who Pete is. I found a picture of him you marked his face out.” I said laughing.
“Well you keep bringing him up here and there. Are you sure you still don’t have feelings for him?” Nick asked changing the mood.
“Hey, let’s not talk about him. He lied to me and promised me he wouldn’t.” I said walking into the living room.
“Well let’s get you some bandages and peroxide.” Nick said going in the bathroom.
He came back and started to fix me up. I looked in his eyes but I couldn’t stop thinking of Pete. Can I be in love with two people?
“Hey, come downstairs with me.” Nick said.
I followed him down to his room. I sat on his bed and he sat beside me. We both kind of stared at each other for a few.
“Nick, tell me what happened to me at prom. Why did you leave me?” I asked.
“Let me see your neck.” Nick said.
“Why?” I asked.
“Just let me see.” He said.
I pulled my hair back to let him see my scar from Pete. He looked at it with a confused look then turned away from me.
“What is it?” I asked.
“You were bitten by Pete weren’t you?” He asked.
“Yeah, and Mike the vampire that started me remembering things.” I said rolling my eyes. “But Pete and his friends rescued me and Bev and here I am today. Why do act so strange to him biting me?” I asked confused.
“It’s just that for you, the slayer it shouldn’t show. It should have healed but…never mind.” He said.
I grabbed my neck and remembered Pete biting it and telling me he loved me. I remember my dreams too of the vampire I am running from wanting to bite me there too. It was all so weird.
“I bit you too.” Nick said not proud of himself.
“Nick how could you?” I asked.
“I did it so you wouldn’t remember being the slayer. I know you hate it but I did it because I loved you and wanted to protect you from the one in your dreams.” Nick said.
“Is that why when Mike bit me, you came into my dreams? You knew?” I asked.
“I felt my hold over you was slipping and that I couldn’t protect you anymore. I tried to warn you.” He said.
“Nick I am tired. Can you tell me tomorrow about what happened at prom?” I asked feeling sleepy.
“Sure.” He said.
“Will you hold me?” I asked.
“Yes.”
We both lay on the bed and I placed my head on his shoulder. He played with my hair and kissed my forehead. I quickly drifted off to sleep knowing Nick would still be here in the morning when I wake up.