Bite Me

These Thoughts Of Mine

(Pete’s POV)
“Amanda!” I said waking up. I looked over to see Patrick was asleep. I looked at my watch to see it was after ten am. I wondered what Amanda was doing.
I got up from the bed and decided to take a shower and try to figure out what I was going to do to get Amanda back. What could I say to her? Then I thought about the dream I had.
That dream was very weird. My mind began to process it. I wondered if Amanda dreamed it too although I didn’t feel her presence in it like before when we had been close. Why was I telling her she was a fighter? And she fell over a cliff. Does this mean something may happen to her? I hope not. I can’t let that happen. I love her too much.
I took a shower and changed into clean clothes. I had on a hoodie that smelt like Amanda’s perfume she had on at one time. Now how could that be? Oh well, it reminded me of her.
Patrick started to wake up and wanted breakfast. So he got up and ready and went out to get him something and some blood for me. My sidekick began to buzz and I hoped it was Amanda. Instead I found it to be Brendon.
“Brendon, what’s up?” I asked.
“Well, have you gotten Amanda back yet? Erelin is anxious to know.” Brendon said.
“No, tonight we check out her haunts.” I replied.
“You will get her back. I don’t know anything that could help you out against Nick except everything Bev has remembered. And I am sure you already know things about him from Amanda.” Brendon said reassuringly.
“Thanks.” I said.
“It’s hard being us. But I am learning to deal and Erelin is keeping me grounded, Pete. I may be strong and all that but jeez if I make her the slightest bit angry, she can bite my head off.” Brendon said laughing.
“Is she there now?” I asked.
“No, she went out to work early this morning. Hey did Patrick tell you about Andy?” Brendon asked.
“A little. Not much.” I replied.
Brendon proceeded to tell me about Andy and Chrissy and how he was smitten with her. Now we all have someone except me. I talked with him until Patrick came back and then went deep in thought. Maybe I should just grab Amanda and give her a long passionate kiss then drag her kicking and screaming back to L.A. That was a thought. Well, here’s to tonight.