Bite Me

A Chat With Brian

I awoke to find Nick was asleep beside me. I got up from the bed and quietly tip toed upstairs so I wouldn’t wake him. I found Brian in the kitchen.
“Well good morning Brian.” I said yawning.
“I saw your car. You aren’t here to hurt me are you?” Brian asked stepping away from me.
“Haha no.” I said.
“Well, have a seat. It’s not everyday I get to see my baby sister.” Brian said making some pancakes. They smelt really good.
“It’s not everyday I get to see my big brother.” I said giving him a squeeze before I sat down at the table. We always treated each other like we were related I guess because of how close we were.
“So,” he said sitting some pancakes in front of me, “are you and Nick back together?” He asked.
“Brian!” I said.
“Sorry it was just a question. I did some thinking last night is all.” He said sitting across from me.
“Oh, really, what is that?” I asked.
“Look, Amanda, I love you and we are like family. But why did you come here? Did you get the answers you were looking for?” Brian asked me.
“I got them.” I replied.
“Do you love Nick?” Brian asked.
“Yeah, I mean, where are you going with this?” I asked.
“I know Nick loves you and wants to protect you but I see it in your eyes you are not in love with him. Don’t get me wrong, I know you love him but your heart tells you are not in love with him. You still have feelings for Pete?” Brian said confusing me as to why he is asking me these things.
“I came for my answers and I needed to see Nick. I loved him. I still do.” I said.
“But now that you have seen him it is like closure for you. You loved him but it is in the past. Pete is your future. Don’t give up your happiness because you believe it will hurt Nick. I bet you dreamed of him last night too.” Brian said.
“How did you know?” I asked.
“I can just tell. You wouldn’t be up here talking to me right now if it wasn’t true. You would be downstairs picking up where you left off at.” Brian said.
He was right. I hated it when Brian was right. I really was truly in love Pete. He is my future and Nick is my past. I had to see Nick to know if it was true. Yes Nick gives me chills and I like to be around him but Pete makes me feel alive. Even as we always fight and push each other away he is the one I want to be with. I have lived so long without Nick, we have grown apart.
That is why I kept bringing him up not realizing what I was doing. And my dream switched from a memory to a dream with Pete. But why was he telling me I was a fighter and is Pete the one I am going to save. Will I lose Nick again? I can’t let anything happen to either of them. I won’t let it.
“Thanks Brian!” I said getting up and giving him a hug. “You gave me an idea. Here take my number and give it to him. Have him call me when he gets up.” I said writing my number down on a sheet of paper.
“Wait, where are you going?” Brian asked.
“To get ready for tonight. Just have him call me.” I said leaving Brian’s house.