Bite Me

Anticipation For Tonight

Chapter 134

I came home to my apartment and fell on the bed. I kept thinking about how I was going to tell Nick that I couldn’t be with him. I wanted him to call me so I could tell him to meet me at the beach tonight like we used to do.
I got up off my comfy bed and decided to walk over to Mrs. Jennings’ apartment. I knocked on her door and explained that I would be leaving tomorrow if I could get a flight out when she answered it. She told me she would keep an eye on my place again and that she understood that I was following my heart. I smiled and waved goodbye to her and walked back to my place.
I turned on my cd player and listened to From Under the Cork Tree again. I laid my clothes out for what I was going to wear to the beach tonight. I searched my huge closet for a pair of sandals I had misplaced somewhere. I knew I didn’t pack them to L.A. and they were my favorite pair. I decided to look under my bed and low and behold I found them.
As I was getting ready I sang every word on the cd proudly. I couldn’t wait to go home. All I needed was closure from Nick. And I got it here. My feelings were so confusing and I know I love Nick and always will but I have moved on. Pete is my love now and it only took Brian to knock some sense into me. I was mad at Pete but I never stopped loving him. I need to make Nick see that he is my past and Pete is my future.
Maybe if Nick hadn’t kept himself away from me things would have been different. I know I don’t want to lose him out of my life again. He makes me feel safe and he does make me have butterflies in my stomach but my heart just belongs to Pete.
I finished getting ready and decided to call Bev as I was waiting for Nick to call. I think she may have been at work so I called her there. I got Sam on the line instead.
“Oh my goodness!” Sam exclaimed.
“Well hi to you too, Sam.” I said laughing.
“You better get your butt back here because Pete…” Sam started to say before I heard something cut her off.
“Hello?” I said.
“Amanda! It is so nice to finally hear from my best friend!” Erelin said taking over the phone.
“Erelin? Why did you take over the phone?” I asked confused.
“No worries. Sam had to wait on a customer.” She said.
“Right, well is Bev there? I need to talk to her. And you sound way too perky.” I said.
“Oh, you know. I live with Brendon in our own apartment now and it is like wow and you alright?” She said trying to dig for information.
“I’m fine. I am sure Pete is hurt that I left him to come here to Florida, right?” I asked.
“Well, um, he is. But you are coming back right? Or did you decide to stay there to break his heart?” She said sounding upset all of a sudden.
“Well that’s why I need to talk to Bev. Can you page her?” I asked.
“Fine, you go right ahead and act that way. What am I, invisible?” She said putting me on hold.
I wondered what her problem was. I didn’t have to wonder long because Bev picked up.
“Amanda?” She asked.
“Hi, Bev. I need help.” I said.
“What’s wrong?” She asked.
“I think I hurt Pete and I know he hurt me but I want to fix things. My heart lies with him and only him.” I said.
“I am so glad to hear you say that. I was afraid you were going to tell me you were staying in Florida to be with Nick.” Bev said relieved.
“Well, I am sure Pete filled you in on everything that has happened.” I said.
“Well, sort of.” She said. What is it with everyone giving me weird answers?
“Is Pete alright? I get the sense that something is going on I should know about.” I replied.
“Everything is good. Look why don’t you call me tomorrow and we can discuss what we are going to do then, alright?” She said.
“I am coming home tomorrow on the next flight I can get out of here. I have to take care of some things with Nick tonight.” I said.
“Oh, so you haven’t told him yet how you feel or what you want?” She asked me.
“No, I am meeting him at the beach tonight if he calls me back. I am going to tell him I love Pete and want to be with him. I don’t want to lose Nick either but he needs to know I can only be friends. Coming here has given me the answers I needed to my past and now it is time to go and move on completely.” I explained.
“Well, that is good. Listen, Erelin is flagging me down for a customer. Talk to you tomorrow before you head out alright?” Bev said in a hurried way.
“Sure.” I said hanging up with Bev.
I didn’t have very much time to chill after that call because Nick soon called me right after I hung up the phone. He was upset I didn’t stay and wake him up from sleeping. What was I to do?
“Hey, why did you leave?” He asked upset.
“I, um, needed to take care of some things. Listen I wanted you to call me so I could ask you if you would meet me at our spot on the beach tonight.” I said sitting down.
“Sure. Something wrong?” He asked.
“We need to talk.” I said.
“I see. Well can I ask you something?” He asked.
“Sure. You want to practice tonight? I want to see everything you got.” Nick said.
“Yeah, I can do that. You know I will win.” I said laughing.
“Maybe not, maybe I will win.” He said laughing.
“You are on.” I said.
“Till tonight.” Nick said.
“Yes, after sunset. See you then.” I said hanging up.
Whew! I am glad that went well. Now if I can calm my nerves for tonight. I want to go home to L.A. I need to finish some business there with Beckett and makeup with Pete.