Bite Me

A Kiss That Could Change Everything

I left my apartment a little before five pm. I wanted to get a good spot to sit and watch the sunset. And I also wanted Nick to be able to find me. Once I had arrived at the beach and picked my spot I felt all calm inside.
The sunset was beautiful. I just wish Pete could be here to see it with me. I couldn’t wait to get home to him now.
I only had to wait about a half hour after the sunset for Nick to arrive. He had this smile that made me fall in love with him when we met. He came alone.
“So, you ready to work out? Don’t hold back on me now.” Nick said as he approached and gave me a hug.
“Ok.” I said.
Nick lunged at me and I knocked him down to the sand. He got up and surprised me at how fast he was. He took me off guard and got me several times as we were practicing fighting techniques. He kept telling me I needed to focus better and not get distracted by what was going on around me.
There were people walking the beach who were stopping to stare at us occasionally. It kind of felt awkward. I wasn’t focusing on what Nick was doing to attack me as much because my mind was on what to tell him about Pete and me. I was also remembering our first practice after I had snuck in to Pete’s room and he nearly killed me. Then I started to feel funny.
I stopped fighting for a second and looked around. I couldn’t tell exactly what I was feeling, if it was good or bad. My senses were trying to focus on not only Nick but what was going on around me from this. Nick didn’t know I had stopped to look around the beach and came behind me to attack me. Without a beat I turned in time to know he was there and flipped him hard onto the ground.
He grabbed my waist as he went down, knocking me on top of him. We looked in each others eyes and he leaned in for a kiss. A kiss I wasn’t expecting. My heart raced. His kiss was warm and inviting but there was nothing there for me to return. The feelings I was so afraid of having returned were officially gone. I pulled away.
“What’s wrong?” Nick asked as I got up off him and stood up. I felt Pete. He was here. He had to have been hiding somewhere watching and far enough away to make me confused as to what I was feeling earlier. Only now I know it was him because he was closer to me from seeing Nick’s kiss.
“Pete.” I said. I looked in the direction I felt him and saw him run away with Patrick following.
“No! What have I done?” I said running off towards Pete’s direction with Nick chasing me from behind.
I ran to the parking lot and looked to see no cars and no trace of Pete. He was gone. I couldn’t feel him anymore and my neck began to hurt. How did he know where I was?
I was bent over trying to catch my breath when Nick finally caught up. I got mad and started to take my anger out on him. He just stood there for a few seconds before telling me he understood why I wanted to talk to him now.