Bite Me

Running From The Truth

(Pete’s POV)
“It’s over.” I said driving out of Clearwater Beach as fast as I could.
“Pete, let’s go back.” Patrick said in the passenger seat. “I don’t think it was what you think it was. You should confront her about it. You came all this way to get her back, why stop now?” He asked.
“Why? I’ll tell you why, Patrick.” I said upset.
“Calm down and watch the road Pete. You may be dead and all but I choose to be alive still, remember?” Patrick said all worried about my driving.
“Look, I know what I saw. And what I saw was that she made her choice. I shouldn’t have come here. Let’s go get our stuff from the hotel and go. We should get on the next flight out before the sun comes out. It’s going to be at least six hours back to L.A.” I said.
I had just thought that when Joe called telling Patrick that Amanda would be at the beach tonight, she would be alone. I didn’t expect Nick to show up. I guess that this is a payback for all the shit I have put her through.
“Pete you aren’t thinking straight. What if she was there to tell Nick she wanted to be with you?” Patrick said trying to reason.
“Right, and then she decided to work on her fighting skills like we used to do and expect that there wouldn’t be any chemistry left between her and Nick. Come on, Patrick. We know what we saw.” I said even more upset at everything.
“Pete, I know what I saw. She went chasing after us. I saw the look in her eyes as she looked up towards us. She felt you and I am just sure this is all a mistake somehow.” Patrick said. “We both saw her pull away. I think Nick took her by surprise.” He added.
“I don’t care. My mind is made up. I just want to go to L.A. So call Bev and tell her that Amanda made her choice and it wasn’t me!” I yelled at Patrick.
“You know I left my girl to come out here for you. And now you are yelling at me. If I knew you were going to be a quitter I would never have come out here to help you get Amanda back.” Patrick said angry.
“Whatever.” I said.