Bite Me

Best Friends Till The End

“Amanda it is not your fault. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have kissed you and now I see how upset you are it hurts me. I guess I know now why you wanted to talk. I should have let you say what you wanted to tell me first.” Nick said apologetically.
“I didn’t know he would follow me here. I told him not to back in Kentucky. Bev must have told him where I was after I called her today. That is why her, and my new friends Erelin and Sam were being so secretive. They knew he was here when I called.” I said sitting down on a curb.
“Look at me and tell me the truth, Amanda. Do you love Pete?” Nick asked sitting down beside me.
“What?” I asked.
“You heard me. That is what you wanted to tell me isn’t it?” He said making me look at him.
“Yes it is. I had a talk with Brian this morning before I left your place. I had a dream and a memory when I slept last night. I remembered what happened at prom. I’m not mad at you anymore, Nick. I understand why you did what you did now. I also had a dream of Pete too. Everything just became clear to me when I woke up. I wanted so badly to see you again when I found out you weren’t dead, dead. I rushed here without thinking and I was so confused because memories and feelings were coming at me so fast. I didn’t really have time to process it all. I want you to know that I do love you and always will. You are in my heart, but I am not in love with you anymore if that makes sense. So I guess the answer to your question is yes, I am in love with Pete. You are my past that I have buried. Pete is my future. He helped me to move on after you. I know I can count on him. Our problem is that so much has gotten in our way.” I explained.
“Amanda, I want you to know that I will always love you and be here for you anytime you need me. I am hurt that you choose him but your happiness means more to me than anything.” Nick said.
“I know.” I said squeezing his hand and fighting back tears. “But what do I do now? I am sure he is probably trying to get the next flight out of Florida. What do I say when I see him next, sorry it was a misunderstanding?” I asked looking at Nick.
“Amanda when Pete bit you he left that slight scar on your neck. It was because he is the one for you. Not me. When I saw your scar and I knew it was from him, I realized he was your soul mate not me. How else can you explain you know where he is or if he is hurt? I bit you and you didn’t do that with me. Even with your memories erased temporarily I was around you. All you could do was know you were being watched at that time. You two will always have this bond together and will find your way back to each other.” Nick said reassuringly.
“You think so?” I asked.
“I do.” Nick said giving me a hug. “Now go home, call and get your flight and then call your friends and tell them what happened. Don’t worry about me, okay?” He said lifting up my chin.
“Best friends?” I asked smiling.
“Till the end.” He said hugging me again.