Bite Me

You've Got A Friend In Me

I went back home to my apartment and immediately called the airlines to book a flight that leaves early tomorrow morning. As much as I wanted to go home now, I didn’t want to face Pete on a plane. I got ready for bed and packed my bags with some stuff from here. I then called Bev to find out if Pete had called her yet or not.
“Hello?” Bev asked from her cell phone.
“Hi. Can you talk?” I asked.
“Well, everyone just got off work and we are meeting the boys for food and Andy is bringing his new girl Chrissy for us to meet. I think Erelin was shocked and excited to know her other best friend was seeing Andy. I mean what a coincidence, right?” Bev was saying.
“I really need to talk and I don’t care who listens. Put me on speaker if you want, I don’t care.” I said sounding upset.
“Amanda, what’s wrong?” She asked.
“I didn’t know Pete would follow me here to Florida after I told him not to. I also didn’t know my own friends would keep secrets from me. You should have told me he was here.” I said.
“What happened? Is Pete alright?” Bev said. I could hear Erelin in the background saying, “What happened now?”
“Let’s just say Pete will be home in about six hours if he got the next flight out. I will be leaving in about six hours for my flight. I took the early morning flight out of here. I couldn’t find him after what happened.” I said frantically.
“Slow down, Amanda. You told me you went to the beach to meet Nick. Is that right?” Bev asked.
“Yes. I met Nick there. He wanted me to practice and show off my skills to him. I just wanted to talk but that didn’t happen. Everything happened kind of fast from there. I didn’t feel Pete around me at first but he apparently was there hiding far from me not to be felt he was there. I knocked Nick down and he pulled me down with him. He then reached in to kiss me which Pete saw. I felt him because he had stepped in a zone where I could find him. If you could only have seen the look on his face, he was hurt. Pete then took off with Patrick following behind. They were so far ahead of me that when I tried chasing after them they had already disappeared.” I said upset.
“Whoa, slow it down again. You are starting to get hysterical again. Did you explain everything to Nick?” Bev asked me.
“Yeah, and he told me to find Pete. He said we would always find our way back to each other.” I replied.
“Who would find each other? Bev asked confused.
“Pete and I would find each other.” I said.
“I haven’t heard anything from Patrick unless he is talking to the boys. We are at a diner waiting on them. They are running a little late but hopefully they are waiting on what Patrick has to say and not out fighting vampires somewhere.” She said.
“What do I do now?” I asked.
“When you get home I want you to take a nice hot shower, put on some dancing clothes to woo Pete, and come to the club tomorrow around eight. I will tell the girls and guys my plan. We will drag Pete’s butt there one way. Then you two can talk. We won’t tell him you will be there because he might leave so we will let you show up and surprise him. Then you two can talk and say everything you need to say to each other.” Bev explained.
“Wow.” I said feeling a little better.
“Now try and get some sleep and we will see you tomorrow night.” Bev said hanging up.
Sleep is easy for her to say. My nerves are so shot. Will Pete understand? I don’t want to think about what ifs tonight. Oh, I hope her plan works tomorrow.
I crawled into bed and turned my light off. I hoped to fall asleep but something pulled me back to thinking about the dream I had with Pete last night. Why was he telling me I was a fighter?