Bite Me

Jet Lag And Time For Friends

I caught my early flight and made it home to find an empty apartment. I didn’t get to sleep much in the six hours I was given before my flight left. I caught a six am flight out of Tampa. Now, California time is three hours behind. This means that I left Tampa at six, I didn’t arrive in California until two pm because of a layover in another state. California time says that instead if it being two pm, it is eleven am. No wonder people get jet lagged.
I wondered where Bev was. I took it that she must be working early. I decided that I didn’t want to stay in the apartment alone so I did some driving around.
I drove by the boys’ place carefully staying where Pete wouldn’t know I was here. I parked my car and debated on whether or not I should just get it over with and approach him. My stomach won because it was growling loudly from where I hadn’t had anything to eat yet.
I called Bev’s cell and got no answer. That was strange. The next person I called was Erelin who was very excited to have me back in town. She gave me directions to her new apartment which turned out, wasn’t far from my complex.
I drove over to her place to see her new apartment and go out for lunch. I walked up to her door and rang the bell. She opened the door way too happy to see me.
“Alright, what’s up?” I asked on to something.
“Nothing. You like?” She asked giving me a tour.
Brendon came out of their bedroom wearing nothing but a pair of jeans on. Hmm, I wonder what they were doing before I came over. They made me chuckle to myself.
“Amanda!” He said giving me a huge hug.
“Brendon!” I said laughing.
“It’s so good to see you are back. I missed you.” He said.
“Hey!” Erelin said elbowing him in the ribs.
“What was that for?” He asked rubbing his side. “Alright, alright, Erelin missed you too.” He said seeing the look on Erelin’s face.
“You two are something else.” I said laughing.
“You are back to stay for good, right? I mean no wandering off if Pete and you can’t work it out, right?” Erelin asked.
“Honey?” Brendon said pulling Erelin close to him.
“Yeah?” She replied.
“Don’t think negatively. They will get back together. It is just a misunderstanding.” Brendon said tickling Erelin off guard.
“Um, can I go barf now?” I asked rolling my eyes.
“You two go girl chat and have a nice lunch. Thank goodness I don’t have to go out and look at food I can’t eat again.” He said running back to his room kidding before Erelin could get him.
“I swear if I didn’t love him so much I’d kill him.” She said laughing.
“Are we ready now? And by the way I like your apartment.” I said smiling.
“Yeah, thanks.” She said grabbing her purse.
“I shall have her back before dark!” I yelled kidding at Brendon.
“No, I need her back sooner for tonight.” Brendon said flying back into the living room.
“Oh, do you now? What happened to you guys helping me tonight? I’ve risked my life for you two.” I said making him blush.
“Oh, Brendon she is just kidding. Go eat your lunch or something. I hate it when I am here and he drinks that stuff.” She said as we walked out the front door.
“Yeah, but his lips touch yours when he’s done!” I said running to my car.
“Amanda!” She said chasing after me.
We had a nice chat about things and what might happen tonight, over lunch. Then we went shopping because a girl’s therapy is to shop till you drop. Erelin and I both almost bought Hot Topic. There were just so many cute things.
After I dropped her off I crashed for a few hours. I had set my alarm to wake me up at six. When it went off, I quickly picked out what I was going to wear then hopped in the shower. It was now seven-thirty when I was done. It’s show time I believe.