Bite Me

Long Live The Car Crash Hearts

(Pete’s POV)
“Why are you bringing me here guys?” I asked Patrick, Andy, and Joe standing in front of Club E.
“Because I want you to meet Chrissy which Erelin is bringing and everyone wants to get together.” Andy said.
“Brendon, Bev, and Sam will be here too. It’s one big, happy family!” Patrick said smiling.
“Plus someone has to do the slaying in this town.” Joe chimed in.
“I see. You guys want to make out to your significant others while I scope the place out for vampires. Gee, thanks I feel so lucky while the couples get to have the fun.” I said.
“You could have had fun if you stayed in Florida and confronted Amanda.” Patrick said.
“I’m not discussing this again.” I said.
“Look, here are our lovely girlfriends and Erelin with Brendon now.” Joe said walking up to Bev and kissing her.
“I missed you.” Patrick said giving Sam a squeeze and a quick kiss.
“Chrissy, this is Pete, Joe, and Patrick, as I am sure you already know. And you know Bev and Brendon now.” Andy said introducing Chrissy to everyone.
“Where’s Amanda?” Chrissy asked not knowing.
“I’m going to be sick.” I said walking on into the club and paying the cover.
I walked upstairs to my usual spot where I could keep an eye on things. If only I could hold Amanda, touch her, or smell her perfume again. I want to kiss her and never let her go. Did we even have a relationship worth fighting for?
“Hey, Pete.” Bev said putting her arm around my shoulders. “Everything will be alright. I know you are hurting. Let me ask you something.” She said.
“What’s that?” I said turning around. Everyone had found a booth upstairs here.
“How much do you love my best friend?” She asked. Brendon had walked over beside me and was leaning over the rail.
“I love her with everything I have. I’d do anything for her. I’ve never felt this way or strongly about anyone before.” I said looking at Brendon and Bev. Bev gave some sort of nod to Joe who took off down the opposite stairs and towards the dance floor.
“Well, go get her tiger.” Brendon said pointing towards the middle of the floor.
I felt her even before he pointed her out. I saw her. Amanda was here. My heart even though it didn’t beat, ached for her. Was I wrong? Is she here for me? Are we worth fighting for?
“What are you waiting for?” Erelin said leaning next to Brendon now.
I took off down the stairs to see Amanda’s eyes on the floor lock with mine. She then started to head towards the exit.
“Amanda, wait!” I said pushing my way past people to get to her.
She looked very stunning and different. There was a glow to her. I wasn’t going to let her get away.
I made it to her grabbing her arm and pulling her around towards me. I just went with what I was feeling and kissed her passionately. I kissed her with everything I had in me.