Bite Me

I Love You Too

I walked into the club all nervous. What was I to say? How would Pete react? I paid my cover charge and walked towards the floor.
Pete was here. No other vampires were in sight which was a good thing. The music was hot and I started dancing for a second before turning around to see Pete, Erelin, Brendon, and Bev watching overhead on the balcony. Pete started towards the stairs and I proceeded towards the exit. My nerves were getting the better of me.
Then before I made it to the exit, Pete grabbed my arm and spun me around towards him. He then kissed me passionately which sent every emotion and chills in me up and down my spine and ease all my fears. I was not complaining.
I pulled away soon after. Our eyes locked and then we held each other.
“Pete…” I started to say.
“Shh, it’s alright.” I am sorry.” He said.
Then one of my favorite songs was announced by the DJ. It was Far Away from Nickelback. The DJ said it was dedicated to two lovers.
“Pete, this song? But how?” I asked confused.
“Dance with me.” He said extending his hand out to lead me out on the dance floor.
“But you don’t dance.” I said.
“I do now.” He said leading me out to the floor. “This song is playing for a reason. I get it now why Joe is playing it.” Pete said.
“Why is that?” I asked.
“Because it is your favorite and the words ring true to how we both feel. Its how I feel and can’t express when you aren’t with me.” He said.
I laid my head on his shoulder and smiled. We started to slow dance. I didn’t care who saw us. I think it was actually just us on the floor now. The song began and we both listened to the words speak how we feel.

This time, This place
Misused, Mistakes
Too long, Too late
Who was I to make you wait
Just one chance
Just one breath
Just in case there's just one left
'Cause you know,
you know, you know
That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me
and you'll never go
Stop breathing if
I don't see you anymore
On my knees, I'll ask
Last chance for one last dance
'Cause with you, I'd withstand
All of hell to hold your hand
I'd give it all
I'd give for us
Give anything but I won't give up
'Cause you know,
you know, you know
So far away
Been far away for far too long
So far away
Been far away for far too long
But you know, you know, you know
I wanted
I wanted you to stay
'Cause I needed
I need to hear you say
That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I forgive you
For being away for far too long
So keep breathing
'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore
Believe it
Hold on to me and, never let me go
Keep breathing

When the song was over, people crowded back onto the floor and the music picked up again. Pete led me over by the stairs. He then sat on a step and pulled me onto his legs.
“I love you, Amanda. I always will.” Pete said.
I put my hand on his cheek and kissed him. “I love you too. It’s always been you, Pete. You are the one I belong with. You are my soul mate. Nick told me something. He said that you and I would always find our way back to each other. In a way, we always have after everything we have been through.” I said.
“I don’t want to lose you.” He said.
“So don’t.” I said. “I bet the gang is upstairs wondering what we are doing now.” I said.
“Let them wonder.” Pete said laughing.
We began to make out until we couldn’t contain our feelings anymore. Pete and I got up off the steps trying to calm ourselves down.
“You want to get out of this place?” Pete asked.
“I thought you would never ask.” I said grabbing his hand and smiling.