Bite Me

A Surprise Engagement

(Sam’s POV)
“So where did they go? I didn’t see them leave yet and I don’t see them here.” I asked Patrick.
“They snuck out on us. There is no slayer or vampire in love with the slayer here.” Brendon said making faces at Sam.
“Ok.” I said laughing at Brendon.
“Alright who is staying at my place and who is going to Erelin’s?” Bev asked.
“Well, it is only logical that Chrissy and I stay at Erelin and Brendon’s place.” Andy chimed in.
“Yeah, and Sam and I crash at Bev’s.” Patrick said.
“I guess that leaves me.” Joe said feeling left out.
“Come here, you.” Bev said pulling him down into a booth and playing with his curly hair. “You are coming with me.” She said kissing him.
“Oh, get a room!” We all said.
“Well, do you think they will make it this time?” I asked.
“They better or else they answer to me.” Erelin said shaking her fist. We all got a chuckle out of that.
“I have an announcement.” Joe said getting up from the booth.
“Oh, and what is that?” I asked.
“Bev, will you marry me?” Joe said getting down on one knee and pulling out a box from his pocket.
Bev just stood in awe and shock. I think for a minute she was at a loss of words.
The ring was very stunning and beautiful.
“What?” Erelin said elbowing Brendon.
“Erelin!” Brendon said grabbing his side. “You know we can’t get married, honey.” He said putting his arm around her and squeezing her.
“I know.” She said looking down.
“Bev, I know this is sudden and that it hasn’t been but four months that we have known each other but, I seriously love you. I am in love with you. You are the only woman in the world for me that I picture myself with. Besides who is the only one to whip me into shape when need be; you. I know that this isn’t the most romantic spot to do this in but all our friends are here, well almost all. Please say yes. I have learned that life is short and precious. We should enjoy every minute of it and I do. If I die tomorrow which I hope not but if I do I am so thankful that I met you.” Joe said.
“Well, I’m not sure what to say.” Bev said blushing.
“SAY YES!” I exclaimed all happy for her.
“Joe, I do love you too. Yes, I will marry you!” She said all happy.
Joe picked her up and swung her for a second before placing the rock upon her finger.
“It’s about darn time!” Erelin said hugging her.
“Well, I hope Amanda and Pete are just as happy.” Patrick said laughing. “They didn’t even say goodbye, thanks, kiss my foot, or anything.” He added.
“Aww, poor Patrick. Let Sam make it all better.” I said kissing his ear.
After everyone got a good laugh at Patrick we all took off to celebrate Bev and Joe’s engagement. Pete and Amanda could find out tomorrow. They need their alone time right now.