Bite Me

Me And You Setting In A Honeymoon

Pete had wrapped a sheet over us and I laid on his shoulder and fell asleep. I had some weird dreams and then some good dreams. Pete was in a few. One was of us getting married and he was out in the daylight again. I liked that dream.
Another weird dream was of him telling me to fight again. He keeps telling me I am a fighter and saving me in different scenarios. I knew these dreams he had too although we chose not to talk about them much.
I awoke to find an empty pillow and a red rose on it. There was a note that read: Don’t get up my love for I shall return. There is something I will be bringing you and I hope you had pleasant dreams for I watched you smile in your sleep. Xo.
He was so sweet. I looked on the floor beside my side of the bed to see the notebook he had ripped that sheet from. I picked it up and started to read.
What I found was that it was the same notebook I read some new songs in a few months ago only he updated a bit. I knew he wouldn’t like it but I read some more lyrics. These were so awesome.
“Hey, beautiful.” Pete said bringing in food; breakfast of all things. It was pancakes. Yay!
“What are you doing? I thought I said don’t touch that.” Pete said sitting the food on the floor and grabbing his notebook. “That is personal.” He replied.
“I don’t care if it was personal. You have been writing again. I love your lyrics, Pete. I know you don’t want to hear it but you should make another cd with the boys. You owe them something for sticking by you.” I said.
“I don’t know. We’ll see.” He said kissing me good morning.
“Food. Great!” I said starving.
“I hope you don’t mind. I know how to make pancakes so I made them and got you some orange juice.” Pete said.
“Thank you.” I said as he handed me the plate.
Pete watched me eat and then I leaned over to the floor reaching for Pete’s hoodie and put it on. If he was wearing pants this morning I wanted his hoodie to wear.
“Your pants are buzzing.” Pete said reaching for them on the floor.
Pete grabbed my pants and pulled out my phone. I saw that it was Nick calling. I was not in the mood to deal with him again.
“Aren’t you going to answer that?” Pete said.
“No. It is only Nick calling. I can talk to him later.” I said.
The phone rang seven more times. Each time it was Nick. He kept interrupting me and Pete picking up where we left off from last night.
“Are you sure you don’t want to get that?” He asked.
I picked up my phone. When I did I got this weird vibe that I didn’t know would stick with me all day. I sat the phone back down.
“Amanda, are you alright? You look pale all of a sudden.” He asked looking me over.
“I’m fine.” I said.
Nick finally quit calling although he left seven voicemails I refused to listen to right now. Pete and I picked up where we left off at last night. Then we rolled over and talked.
“Amanda, I want you to go home here in a few and get ready for tonight.” Pete said.
“Why?” I asked.
“Because I am taking you to dinner and a movie.” He replied. “So wear a dress and I promise to look sharp for you.” He said.
“You are the sweetest boyfriend I know.” I said leaning over to kiss him.
“Shh. Don’t tell anyone. I don’t want to ruin my badass image.” He said.
“Oh, Pete, what will I do with you?” I said laughing.
“Go out with me.” He replied laughing too.
“Pete, nothing can ruin or stop this wonderful day. I just wish you could eat pancakes and go out in the daylight like me.” I sighed.
“Hey, I don’t regret anything as long as I am with you.” He said pulling me onto him.
“I love you and I can’t say it enough.” I said.
“I love you too more than words can say. Nothing will ruin today or tonight. We will always be together. Nothing will tear us apart again and I mean it." Pete said kissing me.
“Good, cause we won’t let it.” I said smiling.