Bite Me

The Scooby Gang Together

Pete had taken me to a fancy Italian restaurant. It had a wishing well inside with a little waterfall that we sat by. I threw a penny in it before we ate.
I ordered my favorite Italian thing which was lasagna. Pete ordered food too even though he didn’t have to. I guess he wanted people to think he was normal. I kind of picked at my food at first.
“Penny for your thoughts?” Pete asked.
“Huh? What?” I replied.
“You haven’t said much since we have walked into this place. Are you alright?” Pete asked concerned.
“Oh, I am sorry. I just have this vibe I can’t seem to shake off. I got it when I reached for my phone earlier.” I said reaching for my purse to find it. It wasn’t there.
“I left my phone at your place.” I said.
“Well, I have my phone with me but I turned it off so we wouldn’t have any interruptions. Pete said. “Amanda, please tell me about this vibe you have.” He said reaching across the table for my hand.
“I don’t know really. That is why I got pale earlier when you asked if I was alright. I think something may happen to Nick. I didn’t call him back but now that I think about it he called seven times then I heard nothing else from him.” I said starting to get upset.
“Amanda, I am sure Nick is fine.” He said trying to reassure me.
“I guess you are right. He probably got mad that I didn’t call him right away. He just got a little jealous I suppose.” I said laughing about me being worried about him.
“Have I told you that you look pretty tonight?” Pete asked trying to make me feel better.
“Oh, Pete you are such a flirt when you want to be. Thank you for this. I am enjoying being able to have a normal dinner with you. I like this date. What other kinds of dates do you have up your sleeve, Peter Wentz?” I said laughing.
“A man cannot reveal his secrets.” He said smiling.
“I love your smile, Pete. When you mean it, your smile looks beautiful.” I said.
“Thanks, I guess.” He said blushing.
I put Nick in the far corners of my mind. I was not going to let him ruin my date with my boyfriend. After we ate and Pete paid for our dinner he bought me a rose that the restaurant was selling. He had them cut the bottom of the stem off and put the rose in my hair.
We started to walk to my car but Pete stopped me. I gave him a confused look. I didn’t know why he stopped me in the middle of the street.
“Hey, we paid for parking. The theatre isn’t but a couple of blocks. Why don’t we just walk down to it?” He asked.
“Ok, I guess.” I said following him holding his hand.
We didn’t get very far until we heard a familiar voice say, “There you guys are!”
Pete and I turned to see the gang standing beside us. I gave Pete another confused look as did he to me.
“What are you guys doing here?” I asked.
“Amanda, here is your cell you left.” Patrick said handing me my phone.
“You may be in danger.” Bev said.
“I remembered where Pete was taking you and grabbed the gang.” Patrick said.
“You still haven’t answered my question.” I said a little upset my date was being interrupted.
“Brian called your cell. It turns out that Nick was trying to warn you when he called you earlier. He is on his way to L.A.” Joe said behind Bev.
“Natasha is here. Brian said she took the next flight out after you and she brought two big goons with her.” Patrick said holding Sam.
“I think I can handle Natasha. I almost had her ass in Florida.” I said.
“Wait, who is Natasha?” Pete asked.
“She was Nick’s ex girlfriend before me. Apparently she has been jealous of me and wants revenge for her thinking I stole Nick away from her. She was bitten and became a vampire and then was the one who took Nick away from me by making him one.” I explained.
“Oh. Well, now I understand. But why would she come to L.A.?” Pete asked.
“I guess to finish our score to settle.” I said.
Pete wrapped his arms around me. He started to hold me tighter as if to say he wasn’t going to let go of me. I just gave him a reassuring smile.
“If she finds Beckett though can you imagine the damage they will cause? Joe said.
I didn’t have to answer because both Beckett, Natasha, her two goons, and an army of Dandies appeared. My stomach began to hurt and I knew it was from the vibe I had earlier. This was the cause of it.
“Well, now I guess the gang is all here.” Beckett said.
I looked over to see Brendon had Erelin behind him with his fangs out. A stake was already in their hands as well as everyone else. I noticed they came prepared with weapons. Bev nodded to me as if to say they were behind me and weren’t going to run.
“What do you want?” Pete said with his fangs showing.
“Don’t you two look stunning I may add?” Beckett snickered.
“Natasha. You leave Nick in Florida to hook up with Beckett. My you have such bad taste.” I said walking away from Pete but not far.
“You know why I am here. I want to see you dead. Beckett promised me he would help me.” She said.
“Really? He’s only using you to get to what he wants.” I said.
“Oh, don’t listen to her Natasha. She’s your enemy here.” Beckett said.
“I’m not afraid of you.” I said with my stake in hand. “You know I can kick your ass.” I said to Natasha. Pete glared a cautious glance at me.
“I want your new boy toy to see you dead. I want him to see you die and lose you like I lost Nick when you stole him from me.” Natasha ranted.
“That’s not going to happen.” Pete said stepping beside me.
“Are you done? Can I kick your ass and dust you now?” I said to Natasha.
“Not until you meet Tyler and Steven.” She said shoving her big goons in front of her. “They are twins but not very bright. But they are hungry and want you.” She said.
“Bring it!” I said.
“Amanda, please be careful.” Pete said as Beckett motioned for us to fight.
There were vampires aplenty for everyone. Beckett had Pete and Brendon tag teaming each other while the others were fighting the Dandies off. I was fighting the big goons who were strong.
As I was fighting off the goons I noticed Brendon got cut on his right arm pretty bad by Beckett’s knife. I heard Erelin yell something and then I started to feel worn down by these goons. Fighting both of these guys was taking its toll on me. Pete tried to break away along with other members of our gang to help but they would get stopped and attacked by more Dandies.
Then the unexpected happened. I slipped on some water in the street and the Tyler goon grabbed my arm and swung me into his brother. I tried to get my balance and fight him off but Steven grabbed me by the neck really hard and bit down. I couldn’t get him off and Tyler came behind me pinning my arms and biting down on my other side. I was powerless to do anything. My life was being drained away. I tried to keep fighting but it was no use. I was getting weaker and weaker. I heard shouts and I heard Pete.
“No!” He yelled.
“The goons swung me around to see Pete and everyone else being held down by Dandies. This was Beckett and Natasha’s plan. This was to be the death of a slayer, me. I didn’t expect it end like this.
When the goons let go, I didn’t have much energy left. I grabbed my neck with both hands and saw blood was every where all on me. I heard Beckett’s laugh then I took one step to collapse in Pete’s arms.