Bite Me

Fight Hard

(Pete’s POV)
“Patrick! I don’t have any air! She’s not breathing!” I said laying her down on the ground.
I watched Patrick and Bev start CPR on Amanda. Patrick did the breaths and Bev did the chest compressions. Sam and Chrissy walked over and put their arms around me. All I could do was hope they could save her and wonder where the ambulance was. My heart was breaking.
“We got a pulse and she’s breathing barely!” Patrick said.
I stood in shock. I was happy she was breathing again but worried because she wasn’t out of the woods yet. Then I heard the ambulance.
The EMTS put Amanda on a stretcher and hooked her up to and IV and oxygen. They asked who was coming along to the hospital and I said me. Then Brendon stepped in my way.
“Look, Pete, I know you love her and want to be with her but let me ride with her. I need to be stitched up. I can keep my eye on her.” Brendon said.
“Pete, you need to get cleaned up. Let Andy and me take you home to change out of those clothes.” Patrick said.
“No. I need to be with her. I can’t lose her. Not now.” I said.
“Pete, I am her best friend. Joe and I will follow with Erelin. We will call you if there is any change. I promise you Pete. Amanda is a fighter.” Bev said leaning to hug me.
“Can I say something to her?” I asked.
“Make it quick. She’s lost a lot of blood.” One of the techs said.
I walked over to her pale, lifeless looking body. I grabbed her hand and kissed her forehead again.
“Don’t you leave me, you hear? Fight for me. I love you. Don’t let Natasha win.” I whispered in her ear.
I watched Brendon hop in the ambulance with Amanda and the ambulance take off. I couldn’t keep it together anymore. I wanted to be with her. Somehow Patrick, Sam, Chrissy, and Andy got me to our place. Nothing was said and I didn’t want anyone to talk to me. I wanted to be alone.